Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Lost an axle on T21 at WR

Go down 
+6
GunRunner
mkrazr
badride
ChrisC
rzr340
Hollon
10 posters
AuthorMessage

Lost an axle on T21 at WR Empty
PostSubject: Lost an axle on T21 at WR   Lost an axle on T21 at WR EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 11:50 am

Took off up WR last night to meet up with some buddies and watch the mud pitt event...Afterwards we hit the trails and somewhere on 21 I lost an axle. I had a flat at the top of 21 and we spent a good 30minutes trying to air it up. Then we noticed my axle was gone and that the wheel had a hole in it the size of your fist. I never felt a thing and had the music so loud that I didn't here anything.. Oh well, somebody going to find them a nice axle with at least on e good cv . icon136
Back to top Go down
Hollon

Hollon

PostSubject: Re: Lost an axle on T21 at WR   Lost an axle on T21 at WR EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 12:41 pm

Hell yeah man keep it loud and stay numb ride hard and dont look back!! LOL
new sticker.......watch for flying parts
Back to top Go down
rzr340

rzr340

PostSubject: Re: Lost an axle on T21 at WR   Lost an axle on T21 at WR EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 8:47 pm

I need to take a trip on 21, maybe i can find me a spare axle...LOL Was it the front one?
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Lost an axle on T21 at WR   Lost an axle on T21 at WR EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 9:43 pm

jerrzr wrote:
Took off up WR last night to meet up with some buddies and watch the mud pitt event...Afterwards we hit the trails and somewhere on 21 I lost an axle. I had a flat at the top of 21 and we spent a good 30minutes trying to air it up. Then we noticed my axle was gone and that the wheel had a hole in it the size of your fist. I never felt a thing and had the music so loud that I didn't here anything.. Oh well, somebody going to find them a nice axle with at least on e good cv . icon136

Sorry you had trouble Jerry..... 248474
But at least you are keeping your record. if you went riding and did not break
something. i would think something was wrong...... lol!
Back to top Go down
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

PostSubject: Re: Lost an axle on T21 at WR   Lost an axle on T21 at WR EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 2:43 pm

Are you sure you put one back in. Remember you took the right front one out a couple of weeks ago! 729242
Back to top Go down
mkrazr

mkrazr

PostSubject: Re: Lost an axle on T21 at WR   Lost an axle on T21 at WR EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 3:28 pm

that's how we found out i said jerry i cant believe you came up here to ride 3wd again he said what are you talking about 918999
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Lost an axle on T21 at WR   Lost an axle on T21 at WR EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 3:30 pm

Id say its all a lie, but you just cant make this shit up 729242
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lost an axle on T21 at WR   Lost an axle on T21 at WR EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 12:00 am

GunRunner wrote:

It was the first ride out after I put the new outer cv on. I reused the old c clip and it probably just popped apart and after using tons of anti sieze on the diff side the whole thing just fell out out...Anyway water under the bridge now-went ahead and ordered two new front axle assemblies will be here friday...One I'm keeping for a spare.

This is the last time Im going to let my old 08 nickle and dime me to death. The new axles, a new wheel, new billet hubs, super daves bushings, new wheel bearings and ball joints , new tires, gusset weld kit, rackzilla and along with choping the cage with the cab--will be it. Come spring, money spent will be on an XP--(Wild cat still too new-1st year gen not wise to buy imo) still not liking those radious arms on either on--hopfully there will better fixes for those things by then
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Lost an axle on T21 at WR   Lost an axle on T21 at WR EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 1:22 am

There is a fix for it. Just get a new S and be done with it..... 971386
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lost an axle on T21 at WR   Lost an axle on T21 at WR EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 8:17 am

ChrisC wrote:

There is a fix for it. Just get a new S and be done with it..... 971386

Dont need an S. I will be keeping my 08. it will be practically new with everything I'm doing to it. It will be bullet proof on WR trails like 15, 39, 23 and 12 ......I will save it for the hardcore rocks. The S caint compare to the power of the XP. And another thing about the XP is that it seems to fly through the air a little better than the S...dont like the "donkey kick of the S" (lack of power) off the jumps.

Just impossible in trying to specialize a rzr for both hardcore rockcrawling and high speed mx style riding. This way I can have my cake and icing too. cheers
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Lost an axle on T21 at WR   Lost an axle on T21 at WR EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 10:15 am

then you and badride can have sleep overs replacing the radius bars 729242
Back to top Go down
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

PostSubject: Re: Lost an axle on T21 at WR   Lost an axle on T21 at WR EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 10:26 am

GunRunner wrote:

You mean drink overs! 971386
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lost an axle on T21 at WR   Lost an axle on T21 at WR EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:58 am

badride wrote:
GunRunner wrote:

You mean drink overs! 971386
cheers cheers 293566 703606
Back to top Go down
CMay

CMay

PostSubject: Re: Lost an axle on T21 at WR   Lost an axle on T21 at WR EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 7:14 pm

jerrzr wrote:
GunRunner wrote:

It was the first ride out after I put the new outer cv on. I reused the old c clip and it probably just popped apart and after using tons of anti sieze on the diff side the whole thing just fell out out...Anyway water under the bridge now-went ahead and ordered two new front axle assemblies will be here friday...One I'm keeping for a spare.

This is the last time Im going to let my old 08 nickle and dime me to death. The new axles, a new wheel, new billet hubs, super daves bushings, new wheel bearings and ball joints , new tires, gusset weld kit, rackzilla and along with choping the cage with the cab--will be it. Come spring, money spent will be on an XP--(Wild cat still too new-1st year gen not wise to buy imo) still not liking those radious arms on either on--hopfully there will better fixes for those things by then

Where did you get your wheel bearings?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lost an axle on T21 at WR   Lost an axle on T21 at WR EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 7:04 am

Wheel bearings from polaris--just make sure they are full of grease. The original set with the rzr lasted about 500miles. I replaced them with the same stock Polaris bearing but kept them greased and they have lasted 2700miles and really they are still good except for the side where I broke a hub and just kept riding it which wore out the one bearing.....This will be the third set of bearings, just wanted all new bearings with the new hubs. I would stay away from the cheap ebay bearings and aint heard too much good things about superatv bearings..I just know if you grease the stock polaris bearings, they will last a lot longer and that works for me.
Back to top Go down
chipper

PostSubject: Re: Lost an axle on T21 at WR   Lost an axle on T21 at WR EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 7:57 pm

How do you grease your bearing? Do you press them out?
Back to top Go down
edge22
edge22

PostSubject: Re: Lost an axle on T21 at WR   Lost an axle on T21 at WR EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 8:40 pm

Yea jerry how do you grease or re-pack the stock bearings? Those seals are tuff and pretty much impossible to get out with out damaging them. Hell I stuck a scribe pretty much clean through my thumb just trying to get the seals out of my old bearings! 3859
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lost an axle on T21 at WR   Lost an axle on T21 at WR EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 9:45 pm

You can take a screw driver and tap in between the inner races and they will seperate.
Back to top Go down
edge22
edge22

PostSubject: Re: Lost an axle on T21 at WR   Lost an axle on T21 at WR EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 9:55 pm

Oh ok, I see
Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

PostSubject: Re: Lost an axle on T21 at WR   Lost an axle on T21 at WR EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 10:40 am

I did a Google search on jerrzr broken axles, it came back with "Impossible to Calculate"!

jerrzr wrote:
You can take a screw driver and tap in between the inner races and they will seperate.

Shit, I had a back one come apart on me when I removed the hub. I thought it was screwed up and replaced it. Now that I know this I will get them to last longer. I have one wheel bearing bad about every 500 miles or so.
Back to top Go down
http://www.entropyinitiative.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost an axle on T21 at WR   Lost an axle on T21 at WR Empty

Back to top Go down

Lost an axle on T21 at WR
Page 1 of 1