Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Slide at Coal Creek

Go down 
+2
ChrisC
rzrrider1
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Slide at Coal Creek Empty
PostSubject: Slide at Coal Creek   Slide at Coal Creek EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 6:02 pm

FYI, G20 which is the Gravel Road between the Windmill Road and Trail 5 Playground area is closed. Pictures will self explain it. Also, Use Caution on Trail 4 near the far end. The Slide goes all the way up to that trail. The slide is still moving and being monitored at this time.

Road View

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Down Hill from the Road towards G5

The middle section. Slide looks to be about 6ft thick and about 250' Long
Back to top Go down
rzrrider1

rzrrider1

PostSubject: Re: Slide at Coal Creek   Slide at Coal Creek EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:29 pm

Thanks for the info. 431114 887541
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Slide at Coal Creek   Slide at Coal Creek EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 11:48 pm

Damn , that looks cool as hell . Now if you was there during the slide
on your RZR that would be a hell of a ride...... lol!
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Slide at Coal Creek   Slide at Coal Creek EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 11:17 am

When you ride that stuff it never crosses your mind just how fragile it could be up on some of those high ridges! affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slide at Coal Creek   Slide at Coal Creek EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 12:18 pm

GunRunner wrote:
When you ride that stuff it never crosses your mind just how fragile it could be up on some of those high ridges! affraid

Also, think about if that happened to a trail after you passed it and that trail is the only way back home. Or running a trail that crosses a creek during a rainy day and on your way back its flooded---A fallen tree is the most common but in these cases a chainsaw wont do you anygood .
Back to top Go down
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

PostSubject: Re: Slide at Coal Creek   Slide at Coal Creek EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 2:48 pm

jerrzr wrote:
GunRunner wrote:

Also, think about if that happened to a trail after you passed it and that trail is the only way back home. Or running a trail that crosses a creek during a rainy day and on your way back its flooded---A fallen tree is the most common but in these cases a chainsaw wont do you anygood .

No, a chain saw will still be handy to cut wood for the fire to keep me warm if I have to camp out. lol!
Back to top Go down
rzrrider1

rzrrider1

PostSubject: Re: Slide at Coal Creek   Slide at Coal Creek EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 4:17 pm

Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Slide at Coal Creek   Slide at Coal Creek EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 10:38 pm

badride wrote:
jerrzr wrote:
GunRunner wrote:

No, a chain saw will still be handy to cut wood for the fire to keep me warm if I have to camp out. lol!

So True..... 729242 729242 729242
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slide at Coal Creek   Slide at Coal Creek EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 11:20 pm

badride wrote:
jerrzr wrote:
GunRunner wrote:

A chain saw still wouldn't do you any good if you didn't have a lighter to start a fire, but extra 866808 866808 866808 would be the top item to have if you had to camp out; and it keeps you warm too. But I agree , its better to have a chain saw than not to have a chain saw.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Slide at Coal Creek   Slide at Coal Creek EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 3:33 am

pack some leaves around the exhaust on your RZR.
I hear it makes a hell of a Fire.... 729242
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slide at Coal Creek   Slide at Coal Creek EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 3:48 am

ChrisC wrote:

pack some leaves around the exhaust on your RZR.
I hear it makes a hell of a Fire.... 729242

729242 no longer have the stock 08 exhaust header. I would be chit out of luck--who could we call upon to start a fire???????? 248474
Back to top Go down
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

PostSubject: Re: Slide at Coal Creek   Slide at Coal Creek EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 5:59 am

I usually carry a lighter and I carry a hose so I can get gas out to help things get started. I have had to use light a little gas inside a tire before to get it back on the rim. Not mine of course, I have bead locks. Just being helpful on the trail to those not as "educated". Shocked
Back to top Go down
LakeDude

PostSubject: Re: Slide at Coal Creek   Slide at Coal Creek EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 6:20 am

I carry a can of starting fluid
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Slide at Coal Creek   Slide at Coal Creek EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 10:21 am

I carry a lighter, waterproof matches, and a fire starter. always pays to have backup 729242
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slide at Coal Creek   Slide at Coal Creek EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 12:52 pm

badride wrote:
I usually carry a lighter and I carry a hose so I can get gas out to help things get started. I have had to use light a little gas inside a tire before to get it back on the rim. Not mine of course, I have bead locks. Just being helpful on the trail to those not as "educated". Shocked

Like these scholars ?

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/yuEaAXYpv5o?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/yuEaAXYpv5o?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Last edited by jerrzr on Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Slide at Coal Creek   Slide at Coal Creek EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 2:02 pm

Wonders some people live long enough to get old 729242
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Slide at Coal Creek   Slide at Coal Creek EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 3:29 pm

I bet that scared the shit out of them......... 729242
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Slide at Coal Creek   Slide at Coal Creek EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 5:08 pm

at least he was smart to use a stick to light it 729242
Back to top Go down
aweisgarber

PostSubject: Re: Slide at Coal Creek   Slide at Coal Creek EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 5:32 pm

Alot of "Happy" guys,beer,gas and fire? Guess what?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slide at Coal Creek   Slide at Coal Creek Empty

Back to top Go down

Slide at Coal Creek
Page 1 of 1