Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

New Seccurity at Windrock!

Go down 
+4
badride
stacrzr
aweisgarber
ChrisC
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

New Seccurity at Windrock! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Seccurity at Windrock!   New Seccurity at Windrock! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:22 am

RCjohn wrote:
badride wrote:
RCjohn wrote:
C.E. is a friend of mine. I went through Armed Guard requal with C.E. I'm sure his years of Windrock security experience and ability to deal with people had a lot to do with him being asked to take over security. I believe the idea was to get someone that could take more of a full-time approach to security there. I'm sure CE will do a great job. I've personally watched him deal with the people at the Fall Festival and he will be a good one. He's firm but nice and respectful.

And don't be surprised if you see a certain red RZR S with security lights on it in the near future. lol!

I have never had a problem with C.E. but I wouldn't call working for 3 to 4 days at the Spring and Fall Jams "years of Windrock security experience". 729242

He's been doing those for years. lol!

Yes, 6-8 days/year, that is exactly the point. That wouldn't even quaify to be "part time" any place I have ever worked. stroke
I would hate to looking for an "experienced welder, electrician or mechanic" and hire a truck driver that had that much experience and this guy will have a gun........

Not wishing him any problems but I will be suprised if he lasts very long. Working Wed-Sun will get old quick and the pay isn't what he should have been making driving a truck although I hear his is for sale now.
Back to top Go down
RCjohn

RCjohn

PostSubject: Re: New Seccurity at Windrock!   New Seccurity at Windrock! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:53 am

Let's be honest, Windrock doesn't exactly need a Special Forces or Navy SEAL type guy doing security and it's not going to pay enough for anyone that has any specialized training. They just need someone that has the mentality to deal with the public and have some patience with the occasional drunk idiot. And one that knows when to call the pros if things get too "involved". Helps to have knowledge of the mountain of course.

Most people at the Rock are very well behaved. That's why I like the place. Most people get along so well hanging out together even with those they don't know.

I was asked if I was interested but it wouldn't pay me enough to quit my current job and I couldn't put in the needed hours without it affecting my current job if I kept it.

I think he's burned out on the driver thing. That's a tough business to be in these days.

CE is going to be a good one for the mountain. Doesn't mean there aren't other that could do it but they have a guy that wanted the job, has knowledge of Windrock and its people plus he's a patient guy that likes working with the people.
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: New Seccurity at Windrock!   New Seccurity at Windrock! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 10:17 am

I never said they need a "seal". I just replied to the statement that he had all this experience and others had more.

It just seems strange to a lot of us that Ray had already worked as a security guard for Coal Creek at the events and pretty much every weekend and some nights and from what me and a LOT of others could tell, he was doing a good job. Most of us assumed they would just give Fred's job to Ray and hire someone to fill his position. Sometimes Coal Creek does some things that really makes a lot of us scratch our heads but I guess they have their reasons.

Generaly, I think they are makeing some good changes such as building more trails. I do however think they should be more pro-active in getting Oliver Springs and Anderson County to pass ordinances to let ATV/UTVs ride on the streets since the Tennessee Adventure Tourism law was passed. It almost seems they are afraid they will loose bussiness instead of gain it?????????????

If C.E. will be happy with the job, I am happy for him. I think he is a decient guy, but mostly because he rides a Can Am....LOL. Maybe he can help keep some of the vandalism down. It is a shame people go up there and destroy logging equipment and oil well sites and litter like they do but I think a lot of it is done at night. And, I also think every one that rides there should have a permit. As much as I love that mountain that is one job they couldn't pay me enough money to do. I HATED working weekends when I first hired in. I couldn't wait to get enough senority to get to day shift so it was a Mon-Fri schedule.
Back to top Go down
RCjohn

RCjohn

PostSubject: Re: New Seccurity at Windrock!   New Seccurity at Windrock! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 10:38 am

badride wrote:
I never said they need a "seal". I just replied to the statement that he had all this experience and others had more.

It just seems strange to a lot of us that Ray had already worked as a security guard for Coal Creek at the events and pretty much every weekend and some nights and from what me and a LOT of others could tell, he was doing a good job. Most of us assumed they would just give Fred's job to Ray and hire someone to fill his position. Sometimes Coal Creek does some things that really makes a lot of us scratch our heads but I guess they have their reasons.

Generaly, I think they are makeing some good changes such as building more trails. I do however think they should be more pro-active in getting Oliver Springs and Anderson County to pass ordinances to let ATV/UTVs ride on the streets since the Tennessee Adventure Tourism law was passed. It almost seems they are afraid they will loose bussiness instead of gain it?????????????

If C.E. will be happy with the job, I am happy for him. I think he is a decient guy, but mostly because he rides a Can Am....LOL. Maybe he can help keep some of the vandalism down. It is a shame people go up there and destroy logging equipment and oil well sites and litter like they do but I think a lot of it is done at night. And, I also think every one that rides there should have a permit. As much as I love that mountain that is one job they couldn't pay me enough money to do. I HATED working weekends when I first hired in. I couldn't wait to get enough senority to get to day shift so it was a Mon-Fri schedule.

Oh I know that wasn't what you were trying to say with regards to the SEAL. That was more of a lead in to the money thing.

I've met Ray. He is a nice guy for sure.

I agree with you on the litter thing. I try to pick stuff up when I'm there and see the litter.

The passes(ie, release forms) are very important for insurance reasons if for no other. Major liability issues exist without those things.

I didn't realize there was a big vandalism problem though it doesn't surprise me. That's a shame too. Hopefully that can be taken care of.

I would have thought they would be all over that new ordinance to try an get the local laws changed/added for driving on the street. Crap, that's why it was passed.
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: New Seccurity at Windrock!   New Seccurity at Windrock! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:32 am

The guy that owns part of the Windmill Inn is actively working on getting Oliver Springs to pass it. He has formed the "Oliver Springs Bussiness Association". It doesn't cost anything to join and he has SEVERAL that have joined but as far as I know Windrock has not joined but most of the others have. They understand how much of a good deal this could be for the area. He has already went to the state and got the paperwork for how they can cross the 4 lane and be state approved. When he went to the city counsel meeting, which thank God he happens to be a member, the city police chief did not belive that it could be done even with the guy having the approved papers from the state. Sounds to me like the police chief just doesn't want it to happen. It has to pass the city counsel by 2/3 vote.
Back to top Go down
RCjohn

RCjohn

PostSubject: Re: New Seccurity at Windrock!   New Seccurity at Windrock! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 1:06 pm

Interesting. Sad when a Police Chief refuses to believe what is plainly in front of his face.
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: New Seccurity at Windrock!   New Seccurity at Windrock! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 1:26 pm

John is going to have to bring someone from the state department of transportation to the meeting. I guess the chief either can't read or understand english. Although I really suspect he just doesn't want it to pass and that is his excuse. I would like to see it pass so we can ride down town for gas and food. If someone acts stupid, write them a ticket. Don't let a few bad apples spoil it for the rest of us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Seccurity at Windrock!   New Seccurity at Windrock! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 2:39 pm

badride wrote:
The guy that owns part of the Windmill Inn is actively working on getting Oliver Springs to pass it. He has formed the "Oliver Springs Bussiness Association". It doesn't cost anything to join and he has SEVERAL that have joined but as far as I know Windrock has not joined but most of the others have. They understand how much of a good deal this could be for the area. He has already went to the state and got the paperwork for how they can cross the 4 lane and be state approved. When he went to the city counsel meeting, which thank God he happens to be a member, the city police chief did not belive that it could be done even with the guy having the approved papers from the state. Sounds to me like the police chief just doesn't want it to happen. It has to pass the city counsel by 2/3 vote.

This is all true except that John owns no part of the Windmill Inn.. My sister n law Brenda owns it all and John works for her.
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: New Seccurity at Windrock!   New Seccurity at Windrock! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 2:56 pm

jerrzr wrote:
badride wrote:

This is all true except that John owns no part of the Windmill Inn.. My sister n law Brenda owns it all and John works for her.

I didn't know that, I thought they were partners. You should know, it's your sister in law.
Back to top Go down
aweisgarber

PostSubject: Re: New Seccurity at Windrock!   New Seccurity at Windrock! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 3:41 pm

RCjohn wrote:
Let's be honest, Windrock doesn't exactly need a Special Forces or Navy SEAL type guy doing security and it's not going to pay enough for anyone that has any specialized training. They just need someone that has the mentality to deal with the public and have some patience with the occasional drunk idiot. And one that knows when to call the pros if things get too "involved". Helps to have knowledge of the mountain of course.

Most people at the Rock are very well behaved. That's why I like the place. Most people get along so well hanging out together even with those they don't know.

I was asked if I was interested but it wouldn't pay me enough to quit my current job and I couldn't put in the needed hours without it affecting my current job if I kept it.

I think he's burned out on the driver thing. That's a tough business to be in these days.

CE is going to be a good one for the mountain. Doesn't mean there aren't other that could do it but they have a guy that wanted the job, has knowledge of Windrock and its people plus he's a patient guy that likes working with the people.
I don't think that "occasional drunk idiot" is the biggest problem up there.What about the "pill heads","crack heads","thieves","assholes",etc?
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: New Seccurity at Windrock!   New Seccurity at Windrock! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 4:21 pm

aweisgarber wrote:
RCjohn wrote:

I don't think that "occasional drunk idiot" is the biggest problem up there.What about the "pill heads","crack heads","thieves","assholes",etc?

Well you and badride better be careful then i guess 729242 882779
Back to top Go down
RCjohn

RCjohn

PostSubject: Re: New Seccurity at Windrock!   New Seccurity at Windrock! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 4:30 pm

[/quote]I don't think that "occasional drunk idiot" is the biggest problem up there.What about the "pill heads","crack heads","thieves","assholes",etc?[/quote]

I should have said "impaired" individual.
Back to top Go down
mkrazr

mkrazr

PostSubject: Re: New Seccurity at Windrock!   New Seccurity at Windrock! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 4:40 pm

Speaking of the drunk idiot, what are the rules on drinking at the rock, i know i have never had the security officers say anything, but from what i remember on the paper you get it says no alcohol, is it just to hard to enforce or what?
Back to top Go down
aweisgarber

PostSubject: Re: New Seccurity at Windrock!   New Seccurity at Windrock! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 4:58 pm

GunRunner wrote:
aweisgarber wrote:
RCjohn wrote:

Well you and badride better be careful then i guess 729242 882779
I never said that I wasn't included. 729242
Back to top Go down
aweisgarber

PostSubject: Re: New Seccurity at Windrock!   New Seccurity at Windrock! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 4:58 pm

RCjohn wrote:
I don't think that "occasional drunk idiot" is the biggest problem up there.What about the "pill heads","crack heads","thieves","assholes",etc?[/quote]

I should have said "impaired" individual.[/quote]

That's better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Seccurity at Windrock!   New Seccurity at Windrock! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 6:43 pm

mkrazr wrote:
Speaking of the drunk idiot, what are the rules on drinking at the rock, i know i have never had the security officers say anything, but from what i remember on the paper you get it says no alcohol, is it just to hard to enforce or what?

If you read your Permit Paper under Rules and Regulations #12 says NO ALCOHOL. That is Coal Creeks Official posture on the subject.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Seccurity at Windrock!   New Seccurity at Windrock! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 6:47 pm

badride wrote:

Not wishing him any problems but I will be suprised if he lasts very long. Working Wed-Sun will get old quick and the pay isn't what he should have been making driving a truck although I hear his is for sale now.

Most said I wouldn't last long either.

Roger you know what my New Years Resolution was......25 new miles of Trails (Not Gravel Roads but trails).......Let's revisit that statement in December.

Back to top Go down
aweisgarber

PostSubject: Re: New Seccurity at Windrock!   New Seccurity at Windrock! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:23 pm

Rooster wrote:
badride wrote:

Most said I wouldn't last long either.

Roger you know what my New Years Resolution was......25 new miles of Trails (Not Gravel Roads but trails).......Let's revisit that statement in December.

Hell Ya! 547228
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Seccurity at Windrock!   New Seccurity at Windrock! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:10 pm

if they allowed drinking then they would be responsible when someone got hurt for it . affraid they have no choice but to not allow it .doesnt mean they will strickly enforce it .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Seccurity at Windrock!   New Seccurity at Windrock! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:37 pm

Rooster wrote:
mkrazr wrote:

If you read your Permit Paper under Rules and Regulations #12 says NO ALCOHOL. That is Coal Creeks Official posture on the subject.

and #14 says ohv operation is limitted to daylight hours.( all kinds of people on the Mt at night)

And #6 Do not litter ( Caint stand the litter-its everywhere especially beer cans.)

and #9 proper saftey equipment must be worn ( over half the people I see on quads do not wear a helment)

None of these things seem to be enforced--I think they are more of a disclaimer to protect Coalcreek.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Seccurity at Windrock!   New Seccurity at Windrock! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:42 pm

LOL, at least my comment got you to reading the permit paper now didn't it. My personal favorite is #4. I love to see the moron's try to climb the Kudzu Hills near Rattle Rock. Can't fix stupid.

I bet there are plenty around here that remember the old dayz of the Trail Patrol, with Radar Guns and Cooler Checks...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Seccurity at Windrock!   New Seccurity at Windrock! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 10:02 pm

Rooster wrote:

LOL, at least my comment got you to reading the permit paper now didn't it. My personal favorite is #4. I love to see the moron's try to climb the Kudzu Hills near Rattle Rock. Can't fix stupid.

I bet there are plenty around here that remember the old dayz of the Trail Patrol, with Radar Guns and Cooler Checks...

lol! Yeah it did. It was in my wallet because I just recently bought my yearly pass and read it to see if it had changed any. I dont think its changed much from the past ones. I will always support Coalcreek ---until the radar guns and cooler checks come back then I will blow by security again just like the old days- but would have to start riding a dirt bike again to do that - the rzr is too slow: 729242
Back to top Go down
aweisgarber

PostSubject: Re: New Seccurity at Windrock!   New Seccurity at Windrock! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 10:55 pm

Rooster wrote:

Yes I do,that was the year several of us didn't buy permits and we started riding the WMA land.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Seccurity at Windrock!   New Seccurity at Windrock! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 5:37 am

It was a good idea but a bad implementation.

My concept of Trail Patrol besides checking for permits, is to help people find their way around the mountain if they seem lost or render assistance. Just stop and bullshit with people and be an ambassador to the sport. Radar Guns, now to me that is a joke.

When I am on the mountain in the Ranger and I see people stopped I usually stop and talk to them. I have met alot of people this last year from all over. It is hard for me to remember all of them, but when they check into the Campground they always ask for Rooster and is he still working here. I guess you could say I am NATIONWIDE!
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: New Seccurity at Windrock!   New Seccurity at Windrock! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 6:44 am

Rooster wrote:
It was a good idea but a bad implementation.

My concept of Trail Patrol besides checking for permits, is to help people find their way around the mountain if they seem lost or render assistance. Just stop and bullshit with people and be an ambassador to the sport. Radar Guns, now to me that is a joke.

When I am on the mountain in the Ranger and I see people stopped I usually stop and talk to them. I have met alot of people this last year from all over. It is hard for me to remember all of them, but when they check into the Campground they always ask for Rooster and is he still working here. I guess you could say I am NATIONWIDE!

I think "WORKING" was the key word there.......... 729242
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Seccurity at Windrock!   New Seccurity at Windrock! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Seccurity at Windrock!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next