Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

My Stereo Experiment

Go down 
+2
ChrisC
va.redneckrazor
6 posters
AuthorMessage

My Stereo Experiment Empty
PostSubject: My Stereo Experiment   My Stereo Experiment EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 1:02 am

I didn't want to spend a lot on a stereo for the rzr because I did'nt know how it would hold up to the torture I put the rzr through. So I decided to go with the all in one sony xplod package at Wallmart. I didn't care about the cd player but more so the mp3 input jack and the radios 50W x 4 amp.

I went to Lowes and got some particle board to mount the stereo up high on the cage. I painted it with black plastic dip. I have run this set up for two years and have been completly astonished on how well it has held up. No problems what so ever.

I decided to expand on it and installed cheap sony xplod 6 X 9 speakers in the front using SSV Works 6x9 pods. Also I yanked a 20year old kenwood amp out of my 85 celical to push them. It sounds Awesome, Loud and not much at all invested----just my time installing it. Thought I would share...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

____________[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
______[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
J & T
Back to top Go down
va.redneckrazor

va.redneckrazor

PostSubject: Re: My Stereo Experiment   My Stereo Experiment EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 1:28 am

your top mounts over the amp to keep it from getting wet right? also did you make sure the amp was below the cage bars for roll over pertection ive been thinking about a amp for mine and using my plastic bed box for my subwhoofer box and ealing it up and making it water tight
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: My Stereo Experiment   My Stereo Experiment EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 3:21 am

Looks Good.... 431114

Are those speakers water proof...... 248474
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Stereo Experiment   My Stereo Experiment EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 4:47 am

ChrisC wrote:
Looks Good.... 431114

Are those speakers water proof...... 248474

Thats the thing, These are cheap Wallmart speakers and they dont claim to be waterproof or water resistant but I have washed them off with the water hose (not trying to soak them or anything) several times and they keep on working and sounding good.
Back to top Go down
va.redneckrazor

va.redneckrazor

PostSubject: Re: My Stereo Experiment   My Stereo Experiment EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 7:39 am

cheaper speakers seam to take more abuse than the top of the line the top of line sound leaps and bounds better but the cheap one take a beating
Back to top Go down
muddy-one

muddy-one

PostSubject: Re: My Stereo Experiment   My Stereo Experiment EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 10:11 am

Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: My Stereo Experiment   My Stereo Experiment EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 11:06 am

looks loud! hope you play some good tunes when we ride 431114
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
Member #01
Clayboy

PostSubject: Re: My Stereo Experiment   My Stereo Experiment EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 11:29 am

Looking good! 50176
Back to top Go down
Stealth

Stealth

PostSubject: Re: My Stereo Experiment   My Stereo Experiment EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 11:31 pm

703606 703606 208555
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Stereo Experiment   My Stereo Experiment Empty

Back to top Go down

My Stereo Experiment
Page 1 of 1