Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Water pump seal

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GCFD112

GCFD112

Water pump seal Empty
PostSubject: Water pump seal   Water pump seal EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 9:21 pm

Noticed antifreeze dripping out the weep hole onto the frame on my 12 rzr s. I guess im about to be attempting to replace the seal. Has anybody got any experience with this?
Back to top Go down
edge22
edge22

Water pump seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water pump seal   Water pump seal EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 9:31 pm

I havent done one on a RZR yet but I have done a couple dirt bikes. But once you get it apart be sure and check the shaft for wear and the bearings also. Just a slight bit of wear on the shaft will eat a new seal up.
Back to top Go down
rzr340

rzr340

Water pump seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water pump seal   Water pump seal EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 6:47 pm

Ive done it..its not that bad..you need to fab you up a driver to drive the new seal in, and be careful no to damage the new seal when you put it in. Clean the shaft real good, mine had some gunk on it when i removed the old seal.
Back to top Go down
GCFD112

GCFD112

Water pump seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water pump seal   Water pump seal EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 8:45 pm

From what ive read you can use the right size socket to drive the seal in. Did you have to remove the a arms to get everything apart?
Back to top Go down
rzr340

rzr340

Water pump seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water pump seal   Water pump seal EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 6:17 pm

I actually had my engine out when i did it..but a friend of mine done it in his rzr and he did not remove his A-arms..I made a tool to drive the seal in, but you can use a deep well socket to drive it in also. You probably want to remove the shock to give you better room.
Back to top Go down
GCFD112

GCFD112

Water pump seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water pump seal   Water pump seal EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 8:29 pm

Ill probably just go ahead and take the a arms off. It should make it easier plus ive got some new bushings to go in the a arms so it would be a good time to do that anyways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Water pump seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water pump seal   Water pump seal Empty

Back to top Go down

Water pump seal
Page 1 of 1