Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers

Go down 
+7
Triel
RZRS-EDGE
muddy-one
gimpy
CatMostFeared
GunRunner
RZR-S X 2
11 posters
AuthorMessage
RZR-S X 2

RZR-S X 2

RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers Empty
PostSubject: RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers   RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 4:19 pm

For all you Do It Yourselfers out there I wanted to build a set of doors for my RZR-S. So I thought I would share the out come with you.

Building the frames

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Frame complete

Making the skins

Door Complete skin installed

Last Install be for paint

Primed up ready for paint

Paint

Doors installed

Next is the custom graphics hope to have them installed next week.

Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers   RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 4:47 pm

looks as good as the store bout ones to me, great job 431114
Back to top Go down
CatMostFeared

CatMostFeared

PostSubject: Re: RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers   RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 6:10 pm

Looks good and extra beefy now 5" out of the cage in the back
Back to top Go down
gimpy

gimpy

PostSubject: Re: RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers   RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 8:31 pm

CatMostFeared wrote:
Looks good and extra beefy now 5" out of the cage in the back

Go the 7 1/4", or at least 6".
Back to top Go down
muddy-one

muddy-one

PostSubject: Re: RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers   RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 9:29 pm

Looks good... 431114
Back to top Go down
RZRS-EDGE

RZRS-EDGE

PostSubject: Re: RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers   RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 9:44 pm

nice thread!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

PostSubject: Re: RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers   RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 11:44 pm

I put my ProArmors on and have an overall love for them. But, I wish they had made the door removable for very hot summer days. It gets so freaking hot in the cab, that I ride with the doors open when in a area that I can get away with it. I plan on getting the nets to use durring summer.

Hell, the nets are only $99 from ProArmor (can get them cheaper from SidebySideSports with rzrforums.net code). now you can just order them and you will be set for the dog days.
Back to top Go down
http://www.entropyinitiative.com
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers   RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 2:24 am

Very nice job , cheers

Thay look great...... 431114
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers   RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 9:31 pm

Great looking job on the doors,what type of tubing did you use?

I take old bikes and make them into odd bikes from the atomic zombie book of different looking and riding bikes..I use emt tubing for the frames,forkes and other parts,seems to hold up good,so I was wondering if you think emt could be used for the door frame tubing on a project like you made?
Back to top Go down
RZR-S X 2

RZR-S X 2

PostSubject: Re: RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers   RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 4:02 pm

Had the new graphics installed today.We removed the stock ones and made a complete set.

Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers   RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 5:43 pm

Thay look great........ cheers

But if you come ride with us at Brimstone sometimes
i don't think thay will stay on there.... No

Back to top Go down
RZR-S X 2

RZR-S X 2

PostSubject: Re: RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers   RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 6:03 pm

Yea Chris thats the scary part how long will they last. Hope to make Wind Rock but I want know until later in the month.
Back to top Go down
CatMostFeared

CatMostFeared

PostSubject: Re: RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers   RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 9:57 pm

AWESOME
Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

PostSubject: Re: RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers   RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 7:59 am

Man those freakin things look kickass. I am also leaning towards decals, just not sure about price and how long they will last. I am saving my money for a +3 or 4 suspension upgrade. The stock RZR is just to hard to ride in now a days.
Back to top Go down
Briary Boys

PostSubject: Re: RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers   RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 1:40 pm

could you send some demensions my way how much do you have in them after you built them???
Back to top Go down
RZR-S X 2

RZR-S X 2

PostSubject: Re: RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers   RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 1:55 pm

Briary Boys send me a pm with the info of what specs your looking for and I will do my best to give you all the info I can Also if you want pm me your name and number and i will call you and go over every thing

Back to top Go down
Frogg

PostSubject: Re: RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers   RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 1:22 pm

What did you use for the 45/90 degree bends?
Back to top Go down
rzrscott

PostSubject: Re: RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers   RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 10:15 am

looks like you used black steel like for gas piping. I wonder how much better chromoly tube with reinforced anchoring points and uhmw skins will hold up to the abuse some guys give their machines. The doors and graphics look great . really nice job.

btw if you dont mind me asking how much did the custom graphics cost ? i am putting on a full bore body and was considering having a custom set done . I assume any of the sign shops should be able to do them and that they will be less than paint . Thanks, scott
Back to top Go down
RZR-S X 2

RZR-S X 2

PostSubject: Re: RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers   RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 10:40 am

Yea thats the kind of pipe we used with 45s and 90s I have a friend that ownes a metal fab shop and i got every thing through him. I have a call into him now to see where he gets his material from and if they sale to the public. If so I will pass the info along, Im not a metal worker but I think we used sec 40 pipe for the frame. I will say my doors are heavy but they are soild.
Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

PostSubject: Re: RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers   RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 10:33 pm

They do look sturdy and heavy.

Why did you not use tubing? The weight would have been cut down a bunch and the bending could have been done with out seems. Plus, it would still be strong.

I was going to build fender protectors with Sch40, but it would turn out way to heavy. My gusseted frame and .120 roll cage are heavy enough. I am now going to get a new bender and build them out of 1" DOM tubing. Should be strong enough to hold back most that would rip my fender off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers   RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers Empty

Back to top Go down

RZR Doors For you Do It Yourselfers
Page 1 of 1