Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Secret is out! here it is the new rzr 875cc

Go down 
+5
Flashgordon
bush
ChrisC
Triel
GunRunner
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

Secret is out! here it is the new rzr  875cc  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secret is out! here it is the new rzr 875cc    Secret is out! here it is the new rzr  875cc  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 7:23 pm

I love it, but its not for me anytime soon, 16k is a lot of cash and right now ive got other pressing things that need paid. Flash the 64'' is a concern, i rode mine at 62'' with the itp wheels and was clipping trees at brimestone, but i guess with practice you could get use to it and most places 64'' would fit but it would be very tight. I think the design was spot on for the west with wide open trails and sand. The rear suspension does look very out there and unprotected for the type of trails we have but i guess someone will come up with some kind of protection for it.

pros, big motor, longer
cons, expensive, wider, heavier(1200 lb) and new, will take a year to see what issues might arise also aftermarket parts needed like skids are several months away from production, also bigger motor, 88 hp but same 7.2 gallon gas tank.

It is a awesome machine and someday i might own one only time will tell 431114
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Secret is out! here it is the new rzr 875cc    Secret is out! here it is the new rzr  875cc  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 7:34 pm

Flashgordon wrote:
Sounds like you guys are liking the new machine also, alot of winers saying it is to big for a trail machine, I disagree.
So funny watching all the commander forum guys talk crap because there is a new ride in town.
I think the new rzr will be capable of everything but 50" trails.
Do you thing there will be any issues with the rear trailing arms hanging up on rocks? Even that area could be modified I'm sure.

the trailing arm system , is used on a lot of rock crawlers today.
and it dont stop them in the rocks.... 431114
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Secret is out! here it is the new rzr 875cc    Secret is out! here it is the new rzr  875cc  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 8:17 pm

ChrisC wrote:
Flashgordon wrote:
Sounds like you guys are liking the new machine also, alot of winers saying it is to big for a trail machine, I disagree.
So funny watching all the commander forum guys talk crap because there is a new ride in town.
I think the new rzr will be capable of everything but 50" trails.
Do you thing there will be any issues with the rear trailing arms hanging up on rocks? Even that area could be modified I'm sure.

the trailing arm system , is used on a lot of rock crawlers today.
and it dont stop them in the rocks.... 431114

They do hang down low, they look to be no more than 5-6 inches off the ground. here are some pics; oh check out the new sideways exhaust, that tip looks funny. also, from looking, the wider front flares will work but not the rear ones. Also found out, basically they used the everything from the back of the seats forward for previous rzrs and added the rear frame setup that is longer and just stretched the bed to cover the extra length. So addons for the rzr such as doors are still the same as the cockpit area forward is the same.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Secret is out! here it is the new rzr 875cc    Secret is out! here it is the new rzr  875cc  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 8:24 pm

Those pictures prove , everyone that has
doors already , that they will fit. so a lot of people will
be happy about that.... 431114

I think the whole reason of it being 4 inches longer
was to accommodate the new motor... Wink
Back to top Go down
loosenut

loosenut

PostSubject: Re: Secret is out! here it is the new rzr 875cc    Secret is out! here it is the new rzr  875cc  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 8:43 pm

longer wheel base, 88 horse power! Bet that would be a hill climben MUTHA! c605947
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
Member #01
Clayboy

PostSubject: Re: Secret is out! here it is the new rzr 875cc    Secret is out! here it is the new rzr  875cc  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 8:45 pm

loosenut wrote:
longer wheel base, 88 horse power! Bet that would be a hill climben MUTHA! c605947
971386 971386
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Secret is out! here it is the new rzr 875cc    Secret is out! here it is the new rzr  875cc  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 8:45 pm

it would be a climber for sure...... yes1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Secret is out! here it is the new rzr 875cc    Secret is out! here it is the new rzr  875cc  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 9:37 pm

You guys need to stop and think for a moment. Look at that last picture before this post. ...........
How many of you have had your rear flare hang on rocks and stuff?? (sorry, I mean for those that ride regular and do some real rock crawling lol! )Look at the picture again.... the trailer arm is a show stoper for sure. I'm going to borrow Hanks words and say "I'm just saying" 971386

Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Secret is out! here it is the new rzr 875cc    Secret is out! here it is the new rzr  875cc  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 4:19 am

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/owZrlLc831o?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/owZrlLc831o?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Secret is out! here it is the new rzr 875cc    Secret is out! here it is the new rzr  875cc  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 4:21 am

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/NMqWpVX1oWU?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/NMqWpVX1oWU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

PostSubject: Re: Secret is out! here it is the new rzr 875cc    Secret is out! here it is the new rzr  875cc  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 6:50 am

Jennifer Rath is already talking about there kits to make it skinnier. Cheapest is Zero-Offset wheels. More expensive is changing the trailing arm system.

Now it seems the only thing stopping me is the freaking price.

With the engine placed normal, it may not be a upgrade for us. But not sure.

I am just going to keep my 09. Add Racer Tech long travel and slide in a Weber (slide may be the wrong word, it may take a stick of dinomite to get it in).
Back to top Go down
http://www.entropyinitiative.com
wildmanMG

wildmanMG

PostSubject: Re: Secret is out! here it is the new rzr 875cc    Secret is out! here it is the new rzr  875cc  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 3:01 am

Hmm. What would happen if you were to put on a lift kit and slap some 31"s under it? I think it would make a good rock crawler myself.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Secret is out! here it is the new rzr 875cc    Secret is out! here it is the new rzr  875cc  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 4:17 am

wildmanMG wrote:
Hmm. What would happen if you were to put on a lift kit and slap some 31"s under it? I think it would make a good rock crawler myself.

With that much power , and that big of tire.
you would most likely start breaking shit.... 248474
Back to top Go down
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

PostSubject: Re: Secret is out! here it is the new rzr 875cc    Secret is out! here it is the new rzr  875cc  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 7:53 am

Besides being too wide there are two many places I ride for this new RZR to work for me. Just this past Friday we crossed an exposed pipe which was so big that it rubbed my skid plate after my front wheels cleared it. It rubbed it until the rear tires climbed over it. This new "improved" RZR with the trailing arms would not have made it across it. The trailing arms would have lifted the rear wheels off the ground long before they got to the pipe. Crossing logs of any size much at all will be a problem. It will also have problems in the rocky sections. The arms will be beat to death besides loosing traction. The other issue is that they are so low they will drag in the ruts. Which will make it harder to make it through a lot of mudholes. I just don't see this thing being as good as an S for woods riding. However, I do like the motor.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Secret is out! here it is the new rzr 875cc    Secret is out! here it is the new rzr  875cc  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 8:25 am

They should make an S vertion with this motor.... yes1
Then i would be on board for sure... king
Back to top Go down
wildmanMG

wildmanMG

PostSubject: Re: Secret is out! here it is the new rzr 875cc    Secret is out! here it is the new rzr  875cc  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 10:42 am

ChrisC wrote:

They should make an S vertion with this motor.... yes1
Then i would be on board for sure... king

Yeah me too....i'm just gonna sit back and see what happens with it.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Secret is out! here it is the new rzr 875cc    Secret is out! here it is the new rzr  875cc  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 11:20 am

Maybe i should write Polaris a letter.
and tell them how we feel. 431114
I would tell them we are pleased about them stepping to
the plate about the motor. but we feel they were thinking more of the
sand guy's , and not so much of us trail and rock crawling guy's.
and we would appreciate if they would think of making a version of the 900 rzr
with A-arm suspension for us trail guy's... Wink
They do seem like they listen to there customers pretty good.. yes1
it could not hurt... Wink
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Secret is out! here it is the new rzr 875cc    Secret is out! here it is the new rzr  875cc  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 11:48 am

Polaris has people that read the big forums and relay input back to them so they built what they wanted, a fast sand and desert machine. But all that hype about being a "whole new class"; was just bullshit, this rzr is no different a class than the canam 1000 xt, both have a big motor, about the same hp both have trailing arm suspension, hell the canam even comes with beadlocks. I like the rzr 100% better but they cant say its in a class all its own, so polaris shouldn't have even said that.
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: Secret is out! here it is the new rzr 875cc    Secret is out! here it is the new rzr  875cc  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:17 pm

What I thought was funny was that Polaris made fun of Can Am having trailing arms then Polaris comes out with this new model that has trailing arms.
Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

PostSubject: Re: Secret is out! here it is the new rzr 875cc    Secret is out! here it is the new rzr  875cc  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 1:22 pm

badride wrote:
What I thought was funny was that Polaris made fun of Can Am having trailing arms then Polaris comes out with this new model that has trailing arms.

971386 I thought the same thing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.entropyinitiative.com
badride

PostSubject: Re: Secret is out! here it is the new rzr 875cc    Secret is out! here it is the new rzr  875cc  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 1:57 pm

I would like to see one up close to make sure but from the pictures the Can Am trailing arms don't seem to hang down as far the the Polaris. I know I have never had a problem with my Can Am Renegade arms dragging or hitting rocks.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Secret is out! here it is the new rzr 875cc    Secret is out! here it is the new rzr  875cc  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 2:01 pm

The Can am rear links are not near as long as the
RZR's links. that is why they dont hang down as far.
The RZR suspension is a lot more sophisticated than the Can am's.
that is why it works a lot better.. 431114
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: Secret is out! here it is the new rzr 875cc    Secret is out! here it is the new rzr  875cc  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 2:04 pm

ChrisC wrote:

The Can am rear links are not near as long as the
RZR's links. that is why they dont hang down as far.
The RZR suspension is a lot more sophisticated than the Can am's.
that is why it works a lot better.. 431114

Does sophisticated mean they will get beat to death at Windrock and Brimstone? 729242
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Secret is out! here it is the new rzr 875cc    Secret is out! here it is the new rzr  875cc  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 2:23 pm

Yes it does. it will just ride a lot better til you beat them up.... lol!
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Secret is out! here it is the new rzr 875cc    Secret is out! here it is the new rzr  875cc  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 4:30 pm

chris wants a 679659 red one but this one has SAC!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Secret is out! here it is the new rzr 875cc    Secret is out! here it is the new rzr  875cc  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Secret is out! here it is the new rzr 875cc
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Southern RZR Riders :: Discussion :: General RZR Discussion-
Jump to: