Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk

Go down 
+4
Clayboy
JodyT
loosenut
ChrisC
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk Empty
PostSubject: Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk   Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 8:49 pm

So how many of you have heard that the Management of Windrock/Coal Creek is going to widen the trails to allow Jeeps and Trucks? And were did you hear it from? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk   Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 9:16 pm

I heard about it. and i think it SUX.... madz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk   Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 9:42 pm

ChrisC wrote:

Where did you hear it from? Reliable Source?
Back to top Go down
loosenut

loosenut

PostSubject: Re: Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk   Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 9:48 pm

got to make them wide enough for the XP! 729242
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk   Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:01 pm

Rooster wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

Where did you hear it from? Reliable Source?

Heard about it from Roger ( badride. )
yes he knows what is going on there. he lives there.
and he knows all the people that run the place.. 248474
Back to top Go down
JodyT

JodyT

PostSubject: Re: Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk   Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:27 pm

Chris,

Rooster is the Trail Maintenance Supervisor for Windrock...He should have a pretty good inside track to whats happening.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jodytompkins
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk   Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:38 pm

Just telling you what i heard. I don't know.... Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk   Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 11:04 pm

This is all news to me people. No one has spoken a word to me about this.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk   Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 11:09 pm

Rooster wrote:
This is all news to me people. No one has spoken a word to me about this.

when roger come back he can comment about it.
and tell where he got his info from..... 431114
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk   Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 11:54 pm

Rumored to have heard it from Brents new trail maintanence guy but........???????????????
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
Member #01
Clayboy

PostSubject: Re: Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk   Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 4:32 am

Hell yes!!! Widen them out and we can go faster, until we have to wait on a CJ hooked to a winch! 971386 971386
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk   Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 7:43 am

jerrzr wrote:
Rumored to have heard it from Brents new trail maintanence guy but........???????????????

Well here he is saying that was never said. What was said, was that Coal Creek will not segregate the trails between ATV, SxS, Trucks or Jeeps. No one was enforcing the NO JEEP/TRUCK rule in the past. Never seen the man with the gun up there telling them to leave.

The Trail Maintenance Crew has not been told to go back and make them wider for Jeeps and Trucks either. The Trails are wide enough to accommodate them as it is. I think the biggest population of JEEPS/TRUCKS will concentrate themselves to the south side trails as they have in the past. The popular JEEP/TRUCK trails that I have seen up there are 2,16,22,26,35,36. These are just the popular ones. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to clear up any misconceptions. Stay tuned for more great things to come up at Windrock. Those that know me know what I stand for. More trails, More riding opportunities. Believe me people, I did not take the job just for the money. I took it for the Love of the Sport.

I have rode into a group of trucks before, and I agree with all the previous comments but, never had them be a problem to get around. They normally pull over once they see you behind them when it is safe to do so. We wave, they wave.

If you all want to know what is really going on, there is a Thread I have opened up at the Windrock ATV forum
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for discussion on what the Trail Maintenance Crew is doing. It also is a place for riders to report Trail Conditions. I started this thread over there to keep you all informed as riders as to what new trails we are opening back up. There are two new trails this week that you RZR riders might find interesting. Got some awesome Wood, Tight, Hill Climbs. Trail 41a and 41b over near the G5/G6 split. Drive slow along G6 and look down hill for the signs. They are before you get to Trail 41.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk   Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 8:17 am

Good to hear that 431114

Are you going to have anymore new trails opened up before the next SRZRRiders ride on March 25,26,27?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk   Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 9:06 am

jerrzr wrote:
Good to hear that 431114

Are you going to have anymore new trails opened up before the next SRZRRiders ride on March 25,26,27?

I might have one more by then. If so I will post it up when I get it done.

It takes alot of time to do new trails. They have to be Walked, Flagged and GPS'd to see if there are any obstacles that may prevent them from happening. Then after that we have to work on them either with Chainsaw or Hydraulics. I prefer the Chainsaw method myself as it makes for a more natural trail. We also have TDEC to satisfy. The only thing we need to make sure is that we stay out of the water. TDEC's concern is Water Quality. TDEC's request is not to much to ask for in my opinion.

My goal is to try to resurrect some of the older trails that were closed off and rehab some of the ones that were cut up by the Gas Well installations. Keep in mind that Coal Creek is in the Coal, Gas, Timber business also. We are lucky to have a place like Windrock to ride and it is close to home for alot of us. We should keep a positive attitude about things and support our riding area's because riding land are closing down all around us.

Coal Creek is committed to being the best OHV Riding in the Southeast and I support that commitment. That is one of the reason I went to work for them is their commitment. With Coal Creek, Brimstone and the North Cumberland WMA we have the potential of riding almost 200,000 acres all connected together.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk   Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 10:19 am

Since i guess you came here because of my post on the windrock atv site, first let me say welcome to the forum 23521 I first read the info from Roger when it was posted on rzr.net, it was said to have been said in a private conversation between him and Brent, who he knows well, so i hope you understand our concerns. Since we ride windrock with our group many times a year i was and am concerned about the jeeps and trucks ruining the trails for the rest of us. We have run into the damage they do where smaller vehicles like rzrs and atvs have a hell of a time.

So when you say coal creek will no longer segregate the trails that in effect is saying the trails once listed on the map as off limits to those vehicles will no longer be off limits? So is that not opening up all trails to whatever and whoever wants to try going thru? Yes you might not have enforced the no jeep rules but the majority of people that read that trails are restricted from jeep truck use would abide by that, IMO, So i guess we will watch and see how things develop. thanks for you input. 431114
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk   Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 11:28 am

Thanks for the Welcome although I have been around for awhile, I don't frequent this forum as much being that I am not a SxS owner although I do lead alot of rides with them and have several good riding buddies that own them.

I was just trying to get the truth out. Brent and I have had conversations. Nothing about widening trails has been discussed. I understand the concerns of the ATV/SxS rider with Jeeps and Trucks. I am sure they have there opinion of us also. I have been on the trails that have had Jeep/Truck traffic and it does change trail conditions. I guess that is what makes our riding interesting.

I hope to make a positive impact on the trail system at Coal Creek/Windrock. I have only been there a month officially and been out walking the property and studying the Map data and Satelitte information. There will be new trails coming in the near future. Just takes a little time with a two man team to get this accomplished along with our other duties, of Signage, Garbage and General Property Maintenance on the Mountain, Campground and Trails.

Thanks
Rooster

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk   Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 11:31 am

On my new WR map, it shows no trucks on trails 1,9,10,12,18,24,28,37,51,57,58. Everything else is open to all.

I dont have an old map to compare with the new one. I was wondering that if any of you do have an old map, then does it show more trails restricting trucks than the new map. If so, then I would say there is a definite shift in coalcreek management to widen and open more trails up to the trucks........

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk   Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 11:37 am

it wont make that much difference guys...............they ride they ones they can now....and have been.im wondering just how much time it would take to widen all the trails....lol...dont see that happening soon..rooster would need all kinds of help to do that.....
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk   Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 11:47 am

Im not worried about coal creek making them wider, if all are allowed on any trail the riders will do it on there own and ruin trails trying to get thru spots is my concerns
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk   Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 11:47 am

RedNeckRanger wrote:
it wont make that much difference guys...............they ride they ones they can now....and have been.im wondering just how much time it would take to widen all the trails....lol...dont see that happening soon..rooster would need all kinds of help to do that.....

LMAO, alot more help!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk   Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 11:51 am

jerrzr wrote:
On my new WR map, it shows no trucks on trails 1,9,10,12,18,24,28,37,51,57,58. Everything else is open to all.

I dont have an old map to compare with the new one. I was wondering that if any of you do have an old map, then does it show more trails restricting trucks than the new map. If so, then I would say there is a definite shift in coalcreek management to widen and open more trails up to the trucks........

The Old Map had these in addition to what you just mentioned as NO
Trails 17,19,20,28,29,30,31,32,33,50,52,55,56,59,60
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk   Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 12:03 pm

RedNeckRanger wrote:

Yeah it will make a big difference and this is why:

I have no problems with capable people with jeep/crawlers running any trail they want. Not too long ago, I ran with a bunch of local crawlers ( me the only rzr) and we ran 9, 12, 10 , etc. Trails that they aint supposed to be on but there aint nothing going to stop those boys... they make it wide enough to go if its not.... Not something that I want to let rooster know about but sometimes we cut our own trails......

Here is where the problem lies:
When the toruist show up with their new jeeps and suv's (the ones that tape paper on the side of their doors to keep from getting it dirty) and stop to buy their permits and maps. They now can look at the map and say--- "gee look at all these trails, this one looks nice lets do it".... Just another dang bottle neck waiting to happen.......I've been stuck on 22 for an hour because of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk   Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 12:08 pm

jerrzr wrote:

... Not something that I want to let rooster know about but sometimes we cut our own trails......

That's okay, when I find them, I run them and if they are open trails I hang a Numbered Sign on them. Thanks for all the hard work helping with Trail Maintenance. It is much appreciated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk   Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 12:18 pm

Rooster wrote:
jerrzr wrote:

... Not something that I want to let rooster know about but sometimes we cut our own trails......

That's okay, when I find them, I run them and if they are open trails I hang a Numbered Sign on them. Thanks for all the hard work helping with Trail Maintenance. It is much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

PostSubject: Re: Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk   Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 7:42 am

Ok, I am back on the computer now so let me clear this up. Phil told me that Rooster cut a trail and that Brent told him to go back and widen it so the jeeps could get through. If that is not the truth, then I am sorry, I was just repeating what I was told.

Like I posted a couple of weeks ago. I was by my self on my 4 wheeler running 13, 12 & 9 at Windrock. Where I ran into a problem was at the big mudhole past the hill with the pond at the top. I had to wait about 25-30 minutes on the jeeps. There was no way around. Not much farther down the trail I ran into another group of jeeps and one was stuck. I waited about 30 more minutes and happened to see some really pissed guys on 4 wheelers coming up the creek to get by them. I decided to go around that way. I talked to one guy and he said they had ran up on them not far from the beging of 12 and this was the first place they could pass. How anyone can expect to get around a group of jeeps on most of the trails is beyond me. I liked it better when the trails were segrated. In my opinion, Coal Creek is making a BIG mistake. Just wait till the Spring Jam and the 4 wheelers/side by sides run up on a group of jeeps either broke down, stuck or just taking a brake. They are too big for them to get out of the trail and let anyone by.

I have nothing against Rooster or Brent. Rooster is doing what he is told and Brent is doing what he thinks is the best thing for Windrock. I just happen to disagree with him. Some people voted for oboma. I don't have anything against them. They just screwed up........ 729242 Kind of like me forgetting to bring the key to my 4 wheeler this weekend and didn't realize it until Saturday morning and started to back it out of the garage.

No, I don't have a jeep anymore, I sold mine last week and that has no bearing on my opinion. I had the jeep for a few years but I never drove it on the trails that had been segrated in the past. It made me sick at my stomach when I found out that jeeps were running trail 12. But hey, that's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk   Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk Empty

Back to top Go down

Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next