Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk

Go down 
+4
Clayboy
JodyT
loosenut
ChrisC
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk   Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 6:13 pm

Well Roger, I never said that to Phil. I would say he was pulling your leg. Too bad those comments started this hornets nest. I will not comment any further because I don't want my words to be mis-understood.
Back to top Go down
stacrzr

stacrzr

PostSubject: Re: Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk   Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 10:23 pm

Build it and I will ride, that simple............... 205131 Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk - Page 2 792811
Back to top Go down
http://smalenovsky@gmail.com
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

PostSubject: Re: Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk   Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 7:14 am

Rooster wrote:
Well Roger, I never said that to Phil. I would say he was pulling your leg. Too bad those comments started this hornets nest. I will not comment any further because I don't want my words to be mis-understood.

It really doesn't matter what you told Phil or what Phil told me. It isn't a big deal and that isn't the problem. Stories sometimes get distorted the more people they go through. Nobodys fault, that is just life.

The statement that coal creek is "widening the trails" was a pretty open statement. When I told Gunny the trails would be made wider, we had been talking about the NEW trails will be made wide enough for jeeps. If that is wrong, please correct me. The old trails will be made wider by the jeeps. Trust me, they won't need anyone to do it for them. When I ran up on the two groups of jeeps on 12 a couple of weeks ago, one had rockwells. There were trees all the way up the trail pushed over.

That statement about making the trials wider isn't what sturred up the hornets nest. Coal Creek opening up all the trails to jeeps is what did it. I have nothing against jeeps. I still have one. I just don't think they belong on the same trails as the 4 wheelers/side by sides since they don't run as fast and can't pull over on the tight 4 wheeler/side by side trails so others can get by. Just like 4 wheelers/side by sides have no bussiness on Rattle Rock, they would just get in the way. And just like the 4 wheelers/side by sides don't need to ride the dirt bike trails. How would the rock crawlers like it if a bunch of 4 wheelers/side by sides started up Rattle Rock and blocked it and they couldn't get by? I think each group needs their own trails and some shared trails. But we don't make the decisions for Coal Creek. We will have to live with their decisions. That doesn't mean we have to kiss their butts and not give our opinons. The 4 wheelers/side by sides have been the "bread and butter" for the OHV portion of Coal Creeks bussiness. Now, most feel like we have been crapped on just to get a little more jeep bussiness.

Not all changes in the last few years have been bad. Most, in my opinion have been for the good. The problem is that this decision could be one that not only looses money for Coal Creek, but ends up shutting them down because of environmental issues.

I grew up riding dirt bikes at Tellico. That place is now closed because of the jeeps and rock crawlers destroyed it. I hate to see the same thing happen to Windrock. Speaking of dirt bikes, I never got an answer to my question about why the 4 wheeler trails now are open to jeeps but the motorcycle trails at Windrock (and there are close to 100 miles of them) are not open to 4 wheelers or jeeps. Doesn't hardly seem fair now does it?
Back to top Go down
RCjohn

RCjohn

PostSubject: Re: Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk   Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 10:42 am

If the smaller ATV/SxS trails start getting covered up with jeeps I will start going elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk   Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Windrock Jeep/Truck Trail Talk
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2