Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

these damn squeaks are driving me crazy

Go down 
+6
bigmike
Triel
ChrisC
RCjohn
GunRunner
rzr5515
10 posters
AuthorMessage
rzr5515

rzr5515

these damn squeaks are driving me crazy Empty
PostSubject: these damn squeaks are driving me crazy   these damn squeaks are driving me crazy EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 10:57 am

how do you get rid of the squeaks on a rzr 4 madz madz madz madz madz madz madz madz
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: these damn squeaks are driving me crazy   these damn squeaks are driving me crazy EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 11:52 am

green grease in all bushings, grease the non zerked outer rear hub bushings, spray every shock bushing with a good lube and it willl get rid of most, but soon as you hit a few mudholes they will start again sometimes
Back to top Go down
RCjohn

RCjohn

PostSubject: Re: these damn squeaks are driving me crazy   these damn squeaks are driving me crazy EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 2:37 pm

The lithium motorcycle chain lube would probably work in the shock bushing. It holds up well to the elements and usually seeps in fairly well.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: these damn squeaks are driving me crazy   these damn squeaks are driving me crazy EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 7:29 pm

you have to take the bushing out of the lower front shocks and grease them
if you want it to last. I done it several times.
the rear is usually the the outer spindle bushings.
take it apart and grease the shit out of it.... 431114
derling bushing from UTV Crap don't squeak as much as stock ones do.
i changed them. and greased them. i don't have squeaks.
Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

PostSubject: Re: these damn squeaks are driving me crazy   these damn squeaks are driving me crazy EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Get a full set of Delrin bushings from Racer Tech and never look back!
Back to top Go down
http://www.entropyinitiative.com

PostSubject: Re: these damn squeaks are driving me crazy   these damn squeaks are driving me crazy EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 10:03 pm

I just made my own set of bushings. I bought a 1 1/4" Delrin rod 7' long from the local plastics distributor.Total cost $45.00 and a little time on the lathe. 248474
Back to top Go down
bigmike

bigmike

PostSubject: Re: these damn squeaks are driving me crazy   these damn squeaks are driving me crazy EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 8:48 am

Do you remember the ID, OD, length from flange, flange thickness etc,lol? I would like to see if I can find some stock bushings from one of our suppliers here at work. I might be able to get close enough to only have to bore it out or turn the OD.

I put 5700 miles on my 05' honda foreman before I sold it, by 2500 miles I had replaces a-ARM bushings once and it was time to do again, at 12 bucks a piece from honda it was a little expensive and didn't last long to me so I bought one new bushing to get the correct size and made a whole set out of delrin. I put just over 3000 miles on my bushings and they where still tight when I sold it last year. Delrin is the best!

Last edited by bigmike on Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mason

mason

PostSubject: Re: these damn squeaks are driving me crazy   these damn squeaks are driving me crazy EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 8:49 am

got me some bushings from super dave no squeaks in mine
Back to top Go down
mason

mason

PostSubject: Re: these damn squeaks are driving me crazy   these damn squeaks are driving me crazy EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 8:55 am

delrin only lasted 800 miles in mine and tim's he greased his and i didn't still the same with or without
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: these damn squeaks are driving me crazy   these damn squeaks are driving me crazy EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 5:15 pm

If you make your own bushings, or have some machine shop to make them, be sure and cut in a grease grove, big mistake when this is not done especially if a zerk fitting is to be used..Just saying..
Back to top Go down
bigmike

bigmike

PostSubject: Re: these damn squeaks are driving me crazy   these damn squeaks are driving me crazy EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 7:18 pm

Yep, you gotta have grooves for the grease.

You have to watch getting delrin. Delrin is actually a brand and its a type of PTFE if I remember correctly. The stock bushings for my honda was supposedly the equivalent to delrin but it was way softer. I bought a piece of true black delrin. We use it for a lot of bushings at work.
Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

PostSubject: Re: these damn squeaks are driving me crazy   these damn squeaks are driving me crazy EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 10:50 pm

rzrrider1 wrote:
I just made my own set of bushings. I bought a 1 1/4" Delrin rod 7' long from the local plastics distributor.Total cost $45.00 and a little time on the lathe. 248474

That is badass! if these ever wear out I wonder what you would charge for a set. They are freaking expensive from racer Tech, good, but high dollar item.
Back to top Go down
http://www.entropyinitiative.com
Nocerisdave

Nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: these damn squeaks are driving me crazy   these damn squeaks are driving me crazy EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 1:19 am

I used a suggestion of RZR forum to eliminate squeaks. My squeaks were coming from the shock bolts. So I loosened them until they no longer squeak. That was about 1500 miles ago with no issues. I did check them a couple of time just to make sure the weren't backing off further.

Delrin is a thermoplastic polymer. It dissipates heat quicker, kinda of like aluminum. Less heat = less wear. Its also tougher and has a natural lube quality. Just like everything else on our machines heat is the killer.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: these damn squeaks are driving me crazy   these damn squeaks are driving me crazy EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 11:51 am

I ve been using delrin on the rear spindles for a while now and they did calm down the squeaks.

But I have a question for you and for something you guys may want to keep an eye out for:

I've been fixing all the broke chit on my rzr from my last ride and going over it to get it ready for the next ride. I had broke a rear spindle bolt a couple of months ago and only replaced that one. This go around, I bought two new ones and replaced both sides. What I found was that they were both kind of loose when I took them off...I was surprised at this because I always torque everything to spec. and couldn't figure out how they are getting lose because they have the nylon laced nuts that dont back off.....The delrin bushings looked brand new but what I discovered was that it looks like the hard delrin outer bushings are actually wearing down my mounting tabs on the control arm.. affraid And when the wear gives play like that, the spindle becomes lose and the bolt starts to wear on the hole in the tabs and the hole in the tabs wears on the bolt....

Long story short.....this is why my spindle bolts are breaking and I have had to weld thick washers to true up the holes on the mounting tabs for where the bolts as wallerd it out.
It would be hard for me to believe this if it wasn't happening to me or I didn't see it with my own eyes, but its the damn delrin bushings causing this problem... I'm going to back with stock bushings. I can live with the squeaks 3859

Question is, if the bushings are all in perfect shape and the spindle bolts are torqued to spec, then what else could be causing the accelerated wear of the control arm mount tabs other than the Hard Delrin bushings. What else could it be?

Last edited by jerrzr on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mason

mason

PostSubject: Re: these damn squeaks are driving me crazy   these damn squeaks are driving me crazy EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 5:37 pm

cut a 1/32 off of tube that the bolt goes through on a-arms and spindle side and it will take all the play out and let it tighten up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: these damn squeaks are driving me crazy   these damn squeaks are driving me crazy EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 6:45 pm

mason wrote:
cut a 1/32 off of tube that the bolt goes through on a-arms and spindle side and it will take all the play out and let it tighten up

Back to top Go down
supe

supe

PostSubject: Re: these damn squeaks are driving me crazy   these damn squeaks are driving me crazy EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 8:07 pm

Like Mason said no squeeks in the Super Tuff bushings . No delrin involved. This material is far superior to the rest so is the fit . As for the wear on the tabs the spacer length and total arm and bushing combined length are different for that reason. Ask any one using this setup - no complaints.
Back to top Go down
http://www.superdaves.com
MPower

MPower

PostSubject: Re: these damn squeaks are driving me crazy   these damn squeaks are driving me crazy EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 5:40 pm

rzr5515 wrote:
how do you get rid of the squeaks on a rzr 4 madz madz madz madz madz madz madz madz

welcome to the world of polaris....... 248474
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: these damn squeaks are driving me crazy   these damn squeaks are driving me crazy Empty

Back to top Go down

these damn squeaks are driving me crazy
Page 1 of 1