Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

2012 artic cat Wild Cat

Go down 
+10
Hollon
bush
Big-R
DoddS
RZRS-EDGE
Nocerisdave
toradi2
GunRunner
badride
ChrisC
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

2012 artic cat Wild Cat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 artic cat Wild Cat   2012 artic cat Wild Cat - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 6:33 am

How wide is it? I must have missed it on the spec sheet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2012 artic cat Wild Cat   2012 artic cat Wild Cat - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 8:34 am

badride wrote:
How wide is it? I must have missed it on the spec sheet.

64"
Back to top Go down
Big-R

Big-R

PostSubject: Re: 2012 artic cat Wild Cat   2012 artic cat Wild Cat - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 8:00 am

ChrisC wrote:
Big-R wrote:
DoddS wrote:
You can trick out a turd but when its all said and done its still a piece of crap 729242

Sound just like a RZR. Hell the thing should be a lot fun.....

nothing like an RZR , ( YET) The RZR-S is the most superior SXS
ever made for the woods. period !!! . And i don't mean build quality.
I mean balance and control and Handling of what its capable
of doing. No other SXS has ever been as capable as an
RZR - S in the woods. at least not as of Today , We will see if this thing has any merit to it.
once it comes out. as of now the RZR is still the king of the Woods.... 431114

and compared to all these wider machines, i think it always will be..... yes1

Well, I am talking build quality as was Dodd. Cat is the smallest manufacturer in the ATV market. They have reputation of having substandard quality, just like Polaris (whether you like to admit it or not).

Just a few years ago I know many guys on this site and mine that said Polaris was a piece of crap. I for one still believe they build a less quality machine then Kawasaki, Yamaha and Honda. However, the RZR is the funnest machine out there HANDS DOWN. Until now.

That cat looks like a killer machine. I have not been this excited about a machine hitting the market ever. This is one machine that has finally stepped up. The more and more I read and see about it the more I like it.
Back to top Go down
http://southernsxsriders.forumakers.com/
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: 2012 artic cat Wild Cat   2012 artic cat Wild Cat - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 12:41 pm

All the brands are sub quality, for riding hard, rhinos break, teryx breaks, polaris breaks and arctic cat breaks, there is not one brand that doesnt have problems unless you ride em like a pussy, end of story. 971386 At least with a rzr you can ride them a whole lot more places than the others can handle, i think this cat will be another good one, better than rhinos and teryx, will it rival a rzr or a xp only real seat time will tell. I can tell you this from owning a arctic cat, they have a terrible dealer network and getting warranty service is slow if you get it at all so i would never buy one anyway cause ive cussed at the AC dealer and customer service all i care too.
Back to top Go down
Hollon

Hollon

PostSubject: Re: 2012 artic cat Wild Cat   2012 artic cat Wild Cat - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 6:04 pm

GunRunner wrote:
All the brands are sub quality, for riding hard, rhinos break, teryx breaks, polaris breaks and arctic cat breaks, there is not one brand that doesnt have problems unless you ride em like a pussy, end of story. 971386 At least with a rzr you can ride them a whole lot more places than the others can handle, i think this cat will be another good one, better than rhinos and teryx, will it rival a rzr or a xp only real seat time will tell. I can tell you this from owning a arctic cat, they have a terrible dealer network and getting warranty service is slow if you get it at all so i would never buy one anyway cause ive cussed at the AC dealer and customer service all i care too.
there is a awesome Arctic Cat dealer down your way Gunner, its Kirk cycle in Dalton. they did me right on mine, Tammy will help ya if she can with the factory reps.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: 2012 artic cat Wild Cat   2012 artic cat Wild Cat - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 10:12 pm

Big-R wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
Big-R wrote:
DoddS wrote:
You can trick out a turd but when its all said and done its still a piece of crap 729242

RZR - S in the woods. at least not as of Today , We will see if this thing has any merit to it.

Well, I am talking build quality as was Dodd. Cat is the smallest manufacturer in the ATV market. They have reputation of having substandard quality, just like Polaris (whether you like to admit it or not).

Just a few years ago I know many guys on this site and mine that said Polaris was a piece of crap. I for one still believe they build a less quality machine then Kawasaki, Yamaha and Honda. However, the RZR is the funnest machine out there HANDS DOWN. Until now.

That cat looks like a killer machine. I have not been this excited about a machine hitting the market ever. This is one machine that has finally stepped up. The more and more I read and see about it the more I like it.

the others don't break as much cause most of them can't do what an RZR will do.... No
you can't push them to that limit of breaking because there just not going to do it.
Dave treats RZR just like he did his Rhino and the Rhino broke a lot more parts... yes1
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: 2012 artic cat Wild Cat   2012 artic cat Wild Cat - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 10:18 pm

Hollon wrote:
GunRunner wrote:
there is a awesome Arctic Cat dealer down your way Gunner, its Kirk cycle in Dalton. they did me right on mine, Tammy will help ya if she can with the factory reps.
been there, kinda small outfit and 70 miles from me but better than the one i bought from for sure.
Back to top Go down
wildmanMG

wildmanMG

PostSubject: Re: 2012 artic cat Wild Cat   2012 artic cat Wild Cat - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 2:39 am

Yeah Tammy is a good one. She will take care of ya for sure. I know her from her dirt track racing days and if its anything Arctic cat she's the one to deal with.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: 2012 artic cat Wild Cat   2012 artic cat Wild Cat - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 4:28 am

I see its a front steer.
them steering rods are really out there in front.
I see a lot of them getting bent in the rocks..... yes1

Also the electric power steering unit is down on the frame
connected to the steering rods. that means in the water or creek
it will be completely submerged in water. i don't like that either...... No

other than that it may be pretty good.... 431114
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: 2012 artic cat Wild Cat   2012 artic cat Wild Cat - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 11:09 am

It will have its issues, they all do, bottom line is the xp and this are sand buggys and using them where we ride will have a lot more issues than if you used them where they were designed to be used.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: 2012 artic cat Wild Cat   2012 artic cat Wild Cat - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 7:59 pm

Yes , they will be bad ass in the sand..... yes1
Back to top Go down
Big-R

Big-R

PostSubject: Re: 2012 artic cat Wild Cat   2012 artic cat Wild Cat - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 11:48 pm

GunRunner wrote:
......... I can tell you this from owning a arctic cat, they have a terrible dealer network and getting warranty service is slow if you get it at all so i would never buy one anyway cause ive cussed at the AC dealer and customer service all i care too.

I would have to agree with you on this Gunny and that does not happen very often.... lol! That is a big turn off for me and I am sure others too.

ChrisC wrote:
Big-R wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
Big-R wrote:
DoddS wrote:

the others don't break as much cause most of them can't do what an RZR will do.... No
you can't push them to that limit of breaking because there just not going to do it.
Dave treats RZR just like he did his Rhino and the Rhino broke a lot more parts... yes1

Chris, I have to disagree with you big time on this. I have taken my Rhino every where I have taken the RZR. The RZR has a much easier time then the Rhino. I would argue that the Rhino takes much more of a beating then the RZR.
Back to top Go down
http://southernsxsriders.forumakers.com/
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: 2012 artic cat Wild Cat   2012 artic cat Wild Cat - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 1:13 am

A rhino will not do what an RZR-S will do. thats all there is to it.
you may have done the same in Your RZR that you did in a Rhino.
but there is a lot of vids climbing hills and rocks a Rhino just will not do.

A rhino just don't have the power or the wheels speed to climb some of that
stuff. thats all i am saying.

The artic cat may be able to if it has the proper balance... 431114
we will see.

Then again like gunny said , i have no dealer support where i am
so it really won't matter how good it is.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2012 artic cat Wild Cat   2012 artic cat Wild Cat - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 12:21 pm

Might just have to drop the dough on the Wild Cat.. Its looking promising.. Out of all the stir I've made about width, I just went out and measured my rzr and its at 65". Suspension is the key(the wild cat has it), power comes next (the wild cat claims it), drive line is weak and will break (after market promises)...the choice is clear!

But I will always keep my rzr so I can stay part of this forum.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: 2012 artic cat Wild Cat   2012 artic cat Wild Cat - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 3:18 pm

jerrzr wrote:
Might just have to drop the dough on the Wild Cat.. Its looking promising.. Out of all the stir I've made about width, I just went out and measured my rzr and its at 65". Suspension is the key(the wild cat has it), power comes next (the wild cat claims it), drive line is weak and will break (after market promises)...the choice is clear!

But I will always keep my rzr so I can stay part of this forum.

Don't worry Jerry , If you buy a Wild Cat , i promise i wont boot you out... Very Happy
If i ever have to Boot you out , I am sure it wont be for what Buggy you have... lol!
Now if you really buy a Wild Cat , We may have to hold you down and Beat the Shit out
of you , but we wont boot you out for it..... 729242
Back to top Go down
mason

mason

PostSubject: Re: 2012 artic cat Wild Cat   2012 artic cat Wild Cat - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 10:43 am

if i get a wildcat i will still have my S not getting rid of it because i love my S 971386
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: 2012 artic cat Wild Cat   2012 artic cat Wild Cat - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 12:39 am

I love my S too...... cheers
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: 2012 artic cat Wild Cat   2012 artic cat Wild Cat - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 3:58 pm

walk around, my first impressions are, cage looks flimsy, tail lights look cool lol!
<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/27283011?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/27283011">Presentazione Arctic Cat 2012 - Wildcat 1000i</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user5082250">Francesco Baldassarri</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE

AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: 2012 artic cat Wild Cat   2012 artic cat Wild Cat - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 4:08 am

I like the looks of it, but I don't like how the thing has no coverage. In wet and muddy situations, the driver and passenger are going to be a mess.
Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

PostSubject: Re: 2012 artic cat Wild Cat   2012 artic cat Wild Cat - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 2:52 am

I actually think it is fugly. I like they way the integrated the cage into the bumpers, but the plastic must go. The black on looks so much better. Maybe when it comes time to replace my RZR I will look to see if they still look that way. But hell, the world is ending in 2012 so I am not making plans till it is over! LMAO!

AIRBORNE wrote:
I like the looks of it, but I don't like how the thing has no coverage. In wet and muddy situations, the driver and passenger are going to be a mess.

I agree AIRBORNE. That may be an easy fix though.

I do know those cheap doors will get ripped off the way I ride. I have thrashed my Pro Armor doors so bad, I have to get a pin re-welded before I go to Brimstone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.entropyinitiative.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 artic cat Wild Cat   2012 artic cat Wild Cat - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

2012 artic cat Wild Cat
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2