Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Rzr Transmission Problems

Go down 
+3
mason
GunRunner
mkrazr
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mkrazr

mkrazr

Rzr Transmission Problems Empty
PostSubject: Rzr Transmission Problems   Rzr Transmission Problems EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 4:17 pm

Has anyone had transmission problems out of the 2010 S i did some research and found out they changed the design half way through the year and several people had problems like me, My Rzr was popping out of low gear right after your started going and let off and grinding like crazy, so i took it to our local shop to be checked out because i dont have time to work on it myself, come to find out $1400 Just in parts straight from polaris 779611 kiss ass to fix it..... If anyone has had this problem, did polaris replace the parts for free? on the other rzr forum several people got it covered under warranty even though their rzr was out of warranty 918999 they say the transmissions were changed sometime in may 2010 so the 2010's built prior to may have this problem

Would appreciate some input Thanks
Mitchell
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Rzr Transmission Problems   Rzr Transmission Problems EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 5:04 pm

Yes i saw the posts on rzr.net, and a few on here have had those problems. Polaris fixed those that were under warranty but if yours is out and you didnt buy the extended then it is up to polaris if they help you out or not. You might try and get hold of the regional polaris rep and see if they will do anything. IMO none of the sxs companies offer a long enough warranty, only honda gives you more than 6 months.
Back to top Go down
mason

mason

PostSubject: Re: Rzr Transmission Problems   Rzr Transmission Problems EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 6:10 pm

they fixed mine under warranty they put 09 tran parts back in that is the fix been ok for 1000 miles so for have heard some got theirs fixed because dealer helped them
Back to top Go down
bush

bush

PostSubject: Re: Rzr Transmission Problems   Rzr Transmission Problems EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 6:31 pm

mine has been popping for a year now. i can hold pressure on the shifter and it will stay in gear and it only pops out when the rpms get low like when im slowing down. as long as im under power it does not come out.

i took the cable off at the trans and it still pops out so its not the cable.

im just waiting to see how the XP does in the rocks and waiting to see what troubles they have. and hoping a new color comes out then im trading the S
Back to top Go down
mkrazr

mkrazr

PostSubject: Re: Rzr Transmission Problems   Rzr Transmission Problems EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 6:38 pm

haha well that was my plan was just to get mine going because i've got several things that need to be updated on mine so i was leaning towards an xp and told the guy when i took it to get fixed just to make it driveable, i never imagined getting it going meant over a thousand bucks..
Back to top Go down
bush

bush

PostSubject: Re: Rzr Transmission Problems   Rzr Transmission Problems EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 6:59 pm

no plans to fix mine. i have rode it a year with it a few more months wont hurt. i just dont see putting that much into it when im wanting a XP anyways. but if nothing was wrong with it i would hold out on a new machine untill next year.
Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

PostSubject: Re: Rzr Transmission Problems   Rzr Transmission Problems EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 2:08 am

One of my riding buddies has this very issue. I did not research it, since I told him to do it. He did just find out today that the dealer knows how to fix the issue. One dealer has already looked at it and refused to work on it (claims it never happened to them), so my buddy no longer takes it to them. He has the extended warranty, so it will not be out of pocket. But, he has still not had it fixed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.entropyinitiative.com
bigmike

bigmike

PostSubject: Re: Rzr Transmission Problems   Rzr Transmission Problems EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 7:56 am

Where can you find the build date? Is it part of the vin? I'm curious now as to when mine was built. I bought it in September '10. I didn't buy the extended warranty because it seems that the prices are different for everyone. Talked with several that had gotten the 5 year for around 1000, they wanted to charge me 838 for 2 year all the way up to 1670 for 5 year.
Back to top Go down
bush

bush

PostSubject: Re: Rzr Transmission Problems   Rzr Transmission Problems EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 9:58 am

you can find the build date on the frame on passenger side on the down tube behind the tire.
Back to top Go down
edge22
edge22

PostSubject: Re: Rzr Transmission Problems   Rzr Transmission Problems EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 3:05 pm

Just seen a new transmission for sale on the other fourm,
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
bigmike

bigmike

PostSubject: Re: Rzr Transmission Problems   Rzr Transmission Problems EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 3:36 pm

bush wrote:
you can find the build date on the frame on passenger side on the down tube behind the tire.
Thanks, I haven't made it home yet to check. Guess I haven't paid any attention to it!
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Rzr Transmission Problems   Rzr Transmission Problems EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 3:55 pm

rzr trans on ebay now for 999.00
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rzr Transmission Problems   Rzr Transmission Problems Empty

Back to top Go down

Rzr Transmission Problems
Page 1 of 1