Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Snorkel Dust problems

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mkrazr

mkrazr

Snorkel Dust problems Empty
PostSubject: Snorkel Dust problems   Snorkel Dust problems EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 4:32 pm

Does anyone got any bright ideas on how to solve dust from going into the engine intake from the snorkel by the rear glass? has anyone else had this problem? got a few ideas but was wondering if anyone else had done anything
Back to top Go down
bush

bush

PostSubject: Re: Snorkel Dust problems   Snorkel Dust problems EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 11:16 pm

i seen 3 or 4 rzrs this weekend sucking dust and not running right because of aftermarket filters. put a stock filter back in and ran great. i have right at 1000 miles on my S and i had over 1600 on my LE with stock filter and no dust ever made it past the filter.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Snorkel Dust problems   Snorkel Dust problems EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 2:34 am

Listen to Bush ....... yes1
Back to top Go down
mason

mason

PostSubject: Re: Snorkel Dust problems   Snorkel Dust problems EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 8:32 am

i rode on the 3 day ride lots of dust fri and sunday no dust passed the stock filter in my S do not use a K&N filter because dust goes through it i know it did on other rzr.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Snorkel Dust problems   Snorkel Dust problems EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 11:00 am

What type airbox are you using? A lot of people misunderstand the rzr and how the airbox works, the airbox itself will get dusty and dirty inside, and some think this is a problem but its not. You only have a problem if dirt gets into the intake tube thru whatever filter youre using. A stock
"new type" polaris filter will not let dust and dirt thru if its installed and sealed correctly. A kn, uni or other so called performance filter will, ive also seen the so called "best" type aftermarket setups like the dfr let dirt thru. If youre running a snorkel the only time you will have a problem is when it is not sealed well or you have eliminated the stock filter and replaced it with something else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Snorkel Dust problems   Snorkel Dust problems EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 12:42 pm

mkrazr wrote:
Does anyone got any bright ideas on how to solve dust from going into the engine intake from the snorkel by the rear glass? has anyone else had this problem? got a few ideas but was wondering if anyone else had done anything

First start your rzr and cover up the snorkle intake with you hand or something and see how quickly it dies. If it doesn't die or slow to die then its not air tight and your getting more dust in than you should and will overload your filter and it will fail.

You could pre filter the snorkle somehow and grease evrything up good to make sure there is an air tight seal ( the lip of the air box lid and where the filter seats on the intake tube). Are you still idling low?

But what you really need to do is to learn how to keep up with me and stacrzr so your not having to eat our dust. 729242
Back to top Go down
mkrazr

mkrazr

PostSubject: Re: Snorkel Dust problems   Snorkel Dust problems EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 4:17 pm

Thanks for the input, i'm not getting dust inside past the filter just in the box i may try switchin back to a stock filter running the k&N now, and it's a stock box, but the problem is that so much dust is covering my filter that i lose air flow by the end of a day if it's real dusty, i have the snorkel that goes behind the rear the 3 in the middle, i guess there is just a bad dust swirl that goes around the bed and it sucks it into the box, idk if i prefiltered it somewhere up there in the exposed area if i'd lose to much air or not. 113872

i need jerrzr the mad mechanic to check it out, but i have to watch him, he will try to slow me down since he cant beat me....maybe in his prime he could........but i doubt it 971386 780841

all jokes to the side... are you riding on sat. jerry? i know justin and wes are i have to work like half a day maybe could make it the only downfall is 70% chance of rain
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Snorkel Dust problems   Snorkel Dust problems EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 4:45 pm

well, if its not getting past the filter your good, i would dump the kn and go stock with a outerware prefilter on it. if you run a windshield without a back windo it will funnel dust in the cab, mine would put dust 1/2 deep in the cab till i added the back window and now hardily any comes inside.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snorkel Dust problems   Snorkel Dust problems Empty

Back to top Go down

Snorkel Dust problems
Page 1 of 1