Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

4 wheel Drive Problems

Go down 
+2
badride
mkrazr
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mkrazr

mkrazr

4 wheel Drive Problems Empty
PostSubject: 4 wheel Drive Problems   4 wheel Drive Problems EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 10:52 am

We went on a night ride friday and i had some problems with the 4 wheel drive the light and everything still came on the dash but in low gear it was not engaging and i'm not sure that it was in high either, i started playing with it and got on a hill in reverse so the tires would spin so i could see if it would engage, it did in reverse but not in forward, Has anyone had this trouble before? just not sure what it would be
Back to top Go down
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

PostSubject: Re: 4 wheel Drive Problems   4 wheel Drive Problems EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 11:21 am

Have you changed the sprague in the front diff?
Back to top Go down
Big Ed

Big Ed

PostSubject: Re: 4 wheel Drive Problems   4 wheel Drive Problems EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 11:30 am

Like Roger said, sounds like front sprague is out or going out. Have you noticed the front end "squacking" when powering up stuff?
Back to top Go down
mkrazr

mkrazr

PostSubject: Re: 4 wheel Drive Problems   4 wheel Drive Problems EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 1:24 pm

i knew it could be the sprague carrier but was seeing if maybe it could be something different, the first time i took my rzr to the woods i broke the sprague carrier but it was under warranty so i got the stock plastic one back in it may just be time to upgrade...... thanks for the input
Back to top Go down
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

PostSubject: Re: 4 wheel Drive Problems   4 wheel Drive Problems EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 1:29 pm

I have bought and installed two billet spragues. One in each of my RZRs. I prefer the one that Holz sells. If I had to buy another one that is the one I would buy even though it is a little higher than the others. Plus, it is MUCH easier to install.
Back to top Go down
mkrazr

mkrazr

PostSubject: Re: 4 wheel Drive Problems   4 wheel Drive Problems EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 1:41 pm

thanks i'll keep that in mind.... i'll have to see when the mad mechanic jerrzr will let me work on it in his garage since he's done it before, i've never changed one i'm sure it's simple
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: 4 wheel Drive Problems   4 wheel Drive Problems EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 3:21 pm

the Holz carrier seems to be the best setup yet more expensive.
if i broke one , that is what i would get... 431114
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: 4 wheel Drive Problems   4 wheel Drive Problems EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 3:29 pm

ChrisC wrote:

the Holz carrier seems to be the best setup yet more expensive.
if i broke one , that is what i would get... 431114

they had it on sale the other day for 319.00 thats complete with all parts assembled and ready to drop in.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE

AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: 4 wheel Drive Problems   4 wheel Drive Problems EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:23 pm

Just a thought, but is it possible your connection could be bad and not sending the current to the diff? Don't know if the light would come on if that were the case, but it might be something to check before you go ripping into the front end.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: 4 wheel Drive Problems   4 wheel Drive Problems EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 10:48 pm

or just unplug the wire going to the diff
and see if it has power going to it. when the switch is turned on.... 431114
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4 wheel Drive Problems   4 wheel Drive Problems Empty

Back to top Go down

4 wheel Drive Problems
Page 1 of 1