Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine
 
HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Share | 
 

 problems on the 1000 already

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ChrisC
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6733
Join date : 2010-03-10
Age : 51
Location : Marietta GA

PostSubject: problems on the 1000 already   Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:39 am



Well , same old shit different day. Rolling Eyes 
i see there is a big thread over at the big forum talking about massive vibration in the drive shaft on the 1000.
they even got a video. and that son of a bitch wabbles all over the place. one guy said his through a Ujoint at 80 miles.
that 2 peace drive shaft shit the off camber just ant working. I know they had trouble with the 900's clunking
and eating mid shaft bearings. This just ant except able in a 20.000 dollar machine....Rolling Eyes 

My S is smooth and quite and don't vibrate at all , i am happy with it.
So it will give them time to work this bullshit out...... 431114 

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: problems on the 1000 already   Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:44 am

Its funny when you think about all of the things that you can buy for $20,000 and we choose to spend it on Polaris junk! And then spend more on accessories. And it's really sad for those who have to finance and make payments on that junk!  Most the time they are broke down in the garage and some people only ride maybe three to four times a year. Not a very wise money decision.... No way in hell I would pay interest on a toy!32749 
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
avatar

Posts : 5199
Join date : 2010-03-09
Age : 63
Location : North Georgia

PostSubject: Re: problems on the 1000 already   Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:41 am

Not just polaris, no brand builds anything of quality honda still rules as to reliability but if they built an extreme machine im sure it would have issues, but in their defense none of the machines built were designed to do what some put them through.

_________________
GunRunner, some call me Gunny
2011 RZR-S, Ole Black Betty , Racer-Tech Lift, swaybar delete, S rear Bars
warn 3000xt,makinTrax springs,Hid's Uni-steer PS.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: problems on the 1000 already   Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:19 pm

GunRunner wrote:
Not just polaris, no brand builds anything of quality honda still rules as to reliability but if they built an extreme machine im sure it would have issues, but in their defense none of the machines built were designed to do what some put them through.
Can Am does! Just ask Badride ...all you have to do is put a new front diff and add a pipe to them Mavericks and they rule the roost! And a much "better" quality machine to boot 729242
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
avatar

Posts : 5199
Join date : 2010-03-09
Age : 63
Location : North Georgia

PostSubject: Re: problems on the 1000 already   Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:11 pm

can ams suck except for the motor, every one bad ride has owned, and its 4 or 5 have broken the frames and can am refused to warranty, i wouldn't buy there shit at all after that.

_________________
GunRunner, some call me Gunny
2011 RZR-S, Ole Black Betty , Racer-Tech Lift, swaybar delete, S rear Bars
warn 3000xt,makinTrax springs,Hid's Uni-steer PS.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6733
Join date : 2010-03-10
Age : 51
Location : Marietta GA

PostSubject: Re: problems on the 1000 already   Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:14 pm

Well , you got to look at the big picture. First off you don't buy a toy on credit.
that is just my belief , I am sure others feel different.

But the way it is now. I think i gave right at 13 for my S , and after i was done with all
the shit is probebly around 16 to 17 grand.

Now if you go get a 1000 at 20,000 grand , and do all the shit. and of course you do save
on power steering cause it already has it. your still going to be at say 24 or 25 grand.

And then they tell you the drive shaft is going to make noise and wobble...... lol! 
I think i will wait this one out a bit.... Wink 

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
edge22
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 770
Join date : 2010-12-17
Location : Kingston TN

PostSubject: Re: problems on the 1000 already   Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:27 pm

They for sure a lacking in some quality and engneering. The crooked ass drive shaft on the 900 and 1000 I think puts a side load on the front diff under power and can cause it to bust the casting like many have done. Oh yea the cheap ass carrier bearing in them also, mine went out and I replaced it with one for a Toyota truck, much better quality and hasnt gave a bit of trouble.
You know not many people have that kind of money to throw down on these things. I would say 90% of them are financed hell including mine.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6733
Join date : 2010-03-10
Age : 51
Location : Marietta GA

PostSubject: Re: problems on the 1000 already   Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:36 pm

edge22 wrote:
They for sure a lacking in some quality and engneering. The crooked ass drive shaft on the 900 and 1000 I think puts a side load on the front diff under power and can cause it to bust the casting like many have done. Oh yea the cheap ass carrier bearing in them also, mine went out and I replaced it with one for a Toyota truck, much better quality and hasnt gave a bit of trouble.
You know not many people have that kind of money to throw down on these things. I would say 90% of them are financed hell including mine.
So you still going to get a 1000 or are you going to wait til they fix this Bullshit.... 431114 

I just ant having this , anyone that ever had a Rhino knows what i am talking about that vibration
in the drive line sux....madz  My S is smooth as silk and quite. So until they fix it ,
I don't have any interest.... No 

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
edge22
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 770
Join date : 2010-12-17
Location : Kingston TN

PostSubject: Re: problems on the 1000 already   Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:57 pm

My 900 is still for sale but I dont think I will buy a new one till they fix the issues. It really is kinda sad. Have you seen the pics of the glove box door? What the hell lol??
I seen it put real good by a guy on the big fourm, he said my daughters barbbie car has better fiting plastic than this thing 729242 
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6733
Join date : 2010-03-10
Age : 51
Location : Marietta GA

PostSubject: Re: problems on the 1000 already   Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:50 am

edge22 wrote:
My 900 is still for sale but I dont think I will buy a new one till they fix the issues. It really is kinda sad. Have you seen the pics of the glove box door? What the hell lol??
I seen it put real good by a guy on the big fourm, he said my daughters barbbie car has better fiting plastic than this thing 729242 
Yes , the glove box door is shit. Did you see the thread over there where the guy went to pick up his new 1000,
and every time he tried to drive on the trailer , the glove box door fell open. He got so pissed he backed it back off and
made them work on it right there.... lol!  Hell , i don't blame him , 20,000 grand and shit don't work right.
I would be pissed. Damn if that made him mad , wait till he feels the drive shaft about to jump out of the
Floor... 729242  Shit he will want to sue Po Po..... lol! 
oh did you read the thread where they say the door on the water tight GPS compartment , as soon as you
get in dirt you bout have to beat the latch on the door with a hammer to get it open.... Rolling Eyes 
Damn , one door wont stay closed and the other won't open..... Mad 
I bet it will be a hell of a machine in 2015.... yes1
and next year i bet that price comes down a little too. There not going to jump
off the floor at 20 g's

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
avatar

Posts : 5199
Join date : 2010-03-09
Age : 63
Location : North Georgia

PostSubject: Re: problems on the 1000 already   Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:29 am

It boils down to there people, they dont just design these and start making them, they build 20 and send them out with testers who are suppose to relate all issues back to the design team who in return fix the issue and send it back out, how do they miss these big problems? easy some sob isnt doing his job and needs his ass fired. 971386 

_________________
GunRunner, some call me Gunny
2011 RZR-S, Ole Black Betty , Racer-Tech Lift, swaybar delete, S rear Bars
warn 3000xt,makinTrax springs,Hid's Uni-steer PS.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
S

avatar

Posts : 505
Join date : 2010-03-09
Age : 45
Location : Solsberry In

PostSubject: Re: problems on the 1000 already   Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:38 pm

ChrisC wrote:


Well , same old shit different day. Rolling Eyes 
i see there is a big thread over at the big forum talking about massive vibration in the drive shaft on the 1000.
they even got a video. and that son of a bitch wabbles all over the place. one guy said his through a Ujoint at 80 miles.
that 2 peace drive shaft shit the off camber just ant working. I know they had trouble with the 900's clunking
and eating mid shaft bearings. This just ant except able in a 20.000 dollar machine....Rolling Eyes 

My S is smooth and quite and don't vibrate at all , i am happy with it.
So it will give them time to work this bullshit out...... 431114 
That's why I may never own another popo
Back to top Go down
Big-R

avatar

Posts : 544
Join date : 2010-07-14
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: problems on the 1000 already   Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:16 pm

S wrote:
ChrisC wrote:


Well , same old shit different day. Rolling Eyes 
i see there is a big thread over at the big forum talking about massive vibration in the drive shaft on the 1000.
they even got a video. and that son of a bitch wabbles all over the place. one guy said his through a Ujoint at 80 miles.
that 2 peace drive shaft shit the off camber just ant working. I know they had trouble with the 900's clunking
and eating mid shaft bearings. This just ant except able in a 20.000 dollar machine....Rolling Eyes 

My S is smooth and quite and don't vibrate at all , i am happy with it.
So it will give them time to work this bullshit out...... 431114 
That's why I may never own another popo
It doesn't matter with you anyways. You ride less then ChrisC..... 971386  780841  729242 
Back to top Go down
http://southernsxsriders.forumakers.com/
rzr340

avatar

Posts : 300
Join date : 2011-01-01
Age : 46
Location : harriman tn

PostSubject: Re: problems on the 1000 already   Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:31 pm

I rode 60 miles at windrock in my 1000 today with no problems...rode part of trail 57, 71 and 71a to the flats.....71 and 71a are two of my favorite trails on the north side and after all the rain this year, they are getting ripe!
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6733
Join date : 2010-03-10
Age : 51
Location : Marietta GA

PostSubject: Re: problems on the 1000 already   Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:31 pm

none of these machines are built to the standard we would like.
Then again , i don't think any of these company's built them to do what some of us
do with them. thats just the bottom line. if you road trails and stuff like that , they would last for ever.
Right now PO PO makes the badest of the bad. and thats all a lot of folks care about.
at least til next Aug when the 15's come out , and we will see who is on top for a few seconds.
then Po Po will answer like they always do.. 431114 

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
S

avatar

Posts : 505
Join date : 2010-03-09
Age : 45
Location : Solsberry In

PostSubject: Re: problems on the 1000 already   Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:47 pm

Big-R wrote:
S wrote:
ChrisC wrote:



Well , same old shit different day. Rolling Eyes 
i see there is a big thread over at the big forum talking about massive vibration in the drive shaft on the 1000.
they even got a video. and that son of a bitch wabbles all over the place. one guy said his through a Ujoint at 80 miles.
that 2 peace drive shaft shit the off camber just ant working. I know they had trouble with the 900's clunking
and eating mid shaft bearings. This just ant except able in a 20.000 dollar machine....Rolling Eyes 

My S is smooth and quite and don't vibrate at all , i am happy with it.
So it will give them time to work this bullshit out...... 431114 
That's why I may never own another popo
It doesn't matter with you anyways.  You ride less then ChrisC..... 971386  780841  729242 
I have some very good reasons why I'm not riding as much. Give me a few years and hopefully by than I will be able too
Back to top Go down
Big-R

avatar

Posts : 544
Join date : 2010-07-14
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: problems on the 1000 already   Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:23 pm

S wrote:
Big-R wrote:
S wrote:
ChrisC wrote:



Well , same old shit different day. Rolling Eyes 
i see there is a big thread over at the big forum talking about massive vibration in the drive shaft on the 1000.
they even got a video. and that son of a bitch wabbles all over the place. one guy said his through a Ujoint at 80 miles.
that 2 peace drive shaft shit the off camber just ant working. I know they had trouble with the 900's clunking
and eating mid shaft bearings. This just ant except able in a 20.000 dollar machine....Rolling Eyes 

My S is smooth and quite and don't vibrate at all , i am happy with it.
So it will give them time to work this bullshit out...... 431114 
That's why I may never own another popo
It doesn't matter with you anyways.  You ride less then ChrisC..... 971386  780841  729242 
I have some very good reasons why I'm not riding as much. Give me a few years and hopefully by than I will be able too
I will pay all fuel and lodging for the next two years. As long as you can ride.......
Back to top Go down
http://southernsxsriders.forumakers.com/
rzr78

avatar

Posts : 66
Join date : 2011-02-06
Age : 38
Location : harriman,tn

PostSubject: Re: problems on the 1000 already   Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:13 pm

Thats yu dont go buy them when they first come out let someone else be the lab rat just saying
Back to top Go down
S

avatar

Posts : 505
Join date : 2010-03-09
Age : 45
Location : Solsberry In

PostSubject: Re: problems on the 1000 already   Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:57 pm

Big-R wrote:
S wrote:
Big-R wrote:
S wrote:
ChrisC wrote:



Well , same old shit different day. Rolling Eyes 
i see there is a big thread over at the big forum talking about massive vibration in the drive shaft on the 1000.
they even got a video. and that son of a bitch wabbles all over the place. one guy said his through a Ujoint at 80 miles.
that 2 peace drive shaft shit the off camber just ant working. I know they had trouble with the 900's clunking
and eating mid shaft bearings. This just ant except able in a 20.000 dollar machine....Rolling Eyes 

My S is smooth and quite and don't vibrate at all , i am happy with it.
So it will give them time to work this bullshit out...... 431114 
That's why I may never own another popo
It doesn't matter with you anyways.  You ride less then ChrisC..... 971386  780841  729242 
I have some very good reasons why I'm not riding as much. Give me a few years and hopefully by than I will be able too
I will pay all fuel and lodging for the next two years.  As long as you can ride.......  
You know that there is other reasons that I have to take of first also. But I may have to take you up on paying for fuel and lodging. Lol
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
avatar

Posts : 5199
Join date : 2010-03-09
Age : 63
Location : North Georgia

PostSubject: Re: problems on the 1000 already   Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:15 am

If i know BigR if he pays for your lodging he is going to want to cuddle with you lol! 

_________________
GunRunner, some call me Gunny
2011 RZR-S, Ole Black Betty , Racer-Tech Lift, swaybar delete, S rear Bars
warn 3000xt,makinTrax springs,Hid's Uni-steer PS.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
RZRS-EDGE

avatar

Posts : 316
Join date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: problems on the 1000 already   Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:09 pm

GunRunner wrote:
If i know BigR if he pays for your lodging he is going to want to cuddle with you lol! 
Shane, you gotta ask yourself, is it really worth it 729242 
Back to top Go down
S

avatar

Posts : 505
Join date : 2010-03-09
Age : 45
Location : Solsberry In

PostSubject: Re: problems on the 1000 already   Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:56 pm

There will no cuddling 111693 
Back to top Go down
Big-R

avatar

Posts : 544
Join date : 2010-07-14
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: problems on the 1000 already   Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:17 pm

RZRS-EDGE wrote:
GunRunner wrote:
If i know BigR if he pays for your lodging he is going to want to cuddle with you lol! 
Shane, you gotta ask yourself, is it really worth it 729242 
S wrote:
There will no cuddling  111693   
There are no free lunches...... 971386  729242 
Back to top Go down
http://southernsxsriders.forumakers.com/
S

avatar

Posts : 505
Join date : 2010-03-09
Age : 45
Location : Solsberry In

PostSubject: Re: problems on the 1000 already   Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:41 pm

fingers 
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
avatar

Posts : 5199
Join date : 2010-03-09
Age : 63
Location : North Georgia

PostSubject: Re: problems on the 1000 already   Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:40 am

lol! 

_________________
GunRunner, some call me Gunny
2011 RZR-S, Ole Black Betty , Racer-Tech Lift, swaybar delete, S rear Bars
warn 3000xt,makinTrax springs,Hid's Uni-steer PS.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: problems on the 1000 already   

Back to top Go down
 
problems on the 1000 already
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» problems on the 1000 already
» RZR XP 1000 Problems
» Rhino 700 kicks Commander 1000's ass on short course..
» XP1000 problems
» RZR XP 1000 VS WILDCAT X 1000 LIMITED

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Southern RZR Riders :: Discussion :: General RZR Discussion-
Jump to: