Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit )

Go down 
+10
rzr78
stacrzr
Tmalen
badride
gimpy
edge22
ChrisC
muddy-one
Hollon
GunRunner
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit ) Empty
PostSubject: Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit )   Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit ) EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 5:22 pm

Twinkies killed by the damn bakers union, hope they like the unemployment line 971386 maybe obama will give them some handouts now that they killed a company thats been around forever because they wouldnt help them in this shitty economy.

Last edited by GunRunner on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hollon

Hollon

PostSubject: Re: Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit )   Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit ) EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 5:32 pm

must be a non union company.
Back to top Go down
muddy-one

muddy-one

PostSubject: Re: Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit )   Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit ) EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 5:59 pm

Union was the problem.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit )   Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit ) EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Hard to believe Twinky's will be gone... 248474
Back to top Go down
edge22
edge22

PostSubject: Re: Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit )   Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit ) EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 7:27 pm

Union the problem my ass! They have been union for many
Years. I have worked both kind of jobs union and non
Union. I have to say I'm union all the way! And just to clear it up
I'm not a lazy ass deadbeat
Back to top Go down
muddy-one

muddy-one

PostSubject: Re: Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit )   Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit ) EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 7:59 am

For a company that is having troubles. Unions on strike and not willing to make a deal is part of the problem!

Los Angeles Times,

Hostess Brands Inc.’s announcement that it will go out of business sent shockwaves through the country Friday, as Americans began hoarding Twinkies and Ding Dongs and bemoaning their fading childhoods.

The company, which also makes Wonder Bread, said it will lay off 18,500 workers, blaming a labor strike by the Bakery, Confectionary, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union. Hostess, which has filed for bankruptcy twice this decade, threatened to liquidate earlier this week.

<object width='420' height='245' id='msnbc2797654' classid='clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000' codebase='http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=10,0,0,0'><param name='movie' value='http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640' /><param name='FlashVars' value='launch=49852946&width=420&height=245' /><param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always' /><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true' /><param name='wmode' value='transparent' /><embed name='msnbc2797654' src='http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640' width='420' height='245' FlashVars='launch=49852946&width=420&height=245' allowscriptaccess='always' allowFullScreen='true' wmode='transparent' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' pluginspage='http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash'></embed></object><p style="font-size:11px; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #999; margin-top: 5px; background: transparent; text-align: center; width: 420px;">Visit NBCNews.com for <a style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;" href="http://www.nbcnews.com">breaking news</a>, <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032507" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">world news</a>, and <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032072" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">news about the economy</a></p>

11/16/2012: Due to a dispute with union workers, Hostess has announced that it will not be able to continue production, resulting in the loss of 18,500 jobs.

In an interview with CNBC, the CEO laid the lion’s share of the blame at the feet of the striking union. However, he acknowledged that management missteps, particularly ones that saddled the company with debt when it last emerged from bankruptcy after more than four years of restructuring in 2009, also contributed to the company’s current situation.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit )   Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit ) EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 10:51 am

edge22 wrote:
Union the problem my ass! They have been union for many
Years. I have worked both kind of jobs union and non
Union. I have to say I'm union all the way! And just to clear it up
I'm not a lazy ass deadbeat

Yes a union killed 18000 jobs for Americans by not being willing to compromise to help the company stay in business, the teamsters union that hauled their products stepped up and took a cut to keep the company in business but the bakers union would not and stayed on strike till the company failed. So now the companys assests will probily be sold to china and then your twikies will come from them. Not only twinkies, but the whole hostess brand including chrisc's favorite bread, Wonder bread, gone because of a greedy union.
Back to top Go down
edge22
edge22

PostSubject: Re: Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit )   Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit ) EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 12:02 pm

They filed before they went on strike. They prob should have tried to help
Out but I guess they had nothing to loose. I'm sure their is more to it than what
Is out their for us to read about.
Back to top Go down
edge22
edge22

PostSubject: Re: Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit )   Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit ) EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 12:06 pm

So no the dam Union did not cause it! Piss poor management did it.
Back to top Go down
Hollon

Hollon

PostSubject: Re: Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit )   Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit ) EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 1:57 pm

Piss poor management my ass, I also work both sides and when it's a union Job it cose almost 3 times as much!! For what?? The quality of work is not even as good. Wanting more more more its never enough. Yeah the company could have been saved if the rest of us were willing to pay $2 for a Twinkie. Some union members work hard and so do SOME blacks but both are few and far between. The majority drags down your average to almost unreadable amounts. I wish it were different but its just not.
Back to top Go down
edge22
edge22

PostSubject: Re: Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit )   Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit ) EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 2:16 pm

Are we turinging this into a racial thing now...
My point is its not all the unions fault could have helped but not at fault.
You fuckers need to educate yourself about history and unions none of us would have
Any respect or be making the wage we do if it had not been for them.
I agree some places take care of their workers and don't need a union but for those that don't their are unions to help.
Back to top Go down
gimpy

gimpy

PostSubject: Re: Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit )   Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit ) EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 8:45 pm

Hey Taco Bell and McDonalds are still in business and in competition with each other.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Are you hungery now. Forgot about the twinkies, didn't you all????
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit )   Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit ) EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 12:53 am

God Damn Les , I could of done without seeing that...... 729242 ....... affraid
Back to top Go down
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

PostSubject: Re: Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit )   Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit ) EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 6:10 am

I work for a company that has both union and non-union plants. The non-union plants produce the products at less cost (the company makes more money) than the union plants despite the fact that the non-union plant workers are paid more. The problem is that the union workers want to pick everything to death. The biggest problem is that we don't have a president like Regan. When the air traffic controllers went on strike he just hired more. Unions should be outlawed from the public sector!
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit )   Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit ) EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:05 pm

Unions were a good thing a long time ago, but today they just drive prices up and put good compinies out of business, just like GM, union worker getting 50bucks a hour to do a 15.00 job, thats why a truck that sold for 20 k 10 years ago is 40k nowdays.
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit )   Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit ) EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:44 pm

GunRunner wrote:
Unions were a good thing a long time ago, but today they just drive prices up and put good compinies out of business, just like GM, union worker getting 50bucks a hour to do a 15.00 job, thats why a truck that sold for 20 k 10 years ago is 40k nowdays.

I agree, their out of date.

Several years ago when I used to ride dirt bikes there was a group of guys that worked up north at GM. One of the guys had a motor home and had a huge trailer he pulled behind it. You wouldn't believe the inside of the trailer. It was set up PERFECT! It had white aluminum walls and cabinets, lights everywhere. The tool boxes were built in to the cabinets and this guy did it all himself. The other guys finally told us how he managed to get it done. His job at GM required him to do something that only took 2 hours for him to accomplish. He lived close to the plant so he busted his ass for 2 hours then went home for the rest of the day till he had to go back and clock out. THAT is part of the reason car prices are so high.
Back to top Go down
edge22
edge22

PostSubject: Re: Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit )   Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit ) EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 7:02 pm

Out of date huh? Well, let me give you an example: Go and get a job in a non-union coal mine in KY or WV, and work there for a year. If you live and are able to tell about it, then you can give us your opinon on unions. Oh, and this brings up another point... history shows that most of the coal mine accidents are in non-union coal mines. So, what does that tell you or anyone else with any comon sense? It tells you that the big money management's bottom line is before workers saftey. So yeah, it might take a little longer to get a ton of coal out of a union mine but that is because the worker's saftey is took into account. Little to no short cuts are taken so everyone wins. If the company's management tries to take un-safe short cuts, then the Union steps in and helps the workers.
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit )   Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit ) EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 6:38 am

edge22 wrote:
Out of date huh? Well, let me give you an example: Go and get a job in a non-union coal mine in KY or WV, and work there for a year. If you live and are able to tell about it, then you can give us your opinon on unions. Oh, and this brings up another point... history shows that most of the coal mine accidents are in non-union coal mines. So, what does that tell you or anyone else with any comon sense? It tells you that the big money management's bottom line is before workers saftey. So yeah, it might take a little longer to get a ton of coal out of a union mine but that is because the worker's saftey is took into account. Little to no short cuts are taken so everyone wins. If the company's management tries to take un-safe short cuts, then the Union steps in and helps the workers.

So OSHA doesn't exist for the mines? Hard to believe that. Even where I work if there are too many accidents they are all over us. And God forbid there is a death. They would close the plant until the investigation is complete. Just next door at the new plant they are building two mexicans got killed when they fell off a 150' scaffold. (One mexican had two sets of I.D.) OSHA shut construction down totally for several days.

Unions are going to be one of the last nails in the coffin for America.
Back to top Go down
edge22
edge22

PostSubject: Re: Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit )   Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit ) EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 7:30 am

Have you ever heard of a pay off?? Well yea they have to step in AFTER people are killed or hurt. It does no good AFTER people are done dead or hurt.
Just do what I said go get a job in a non union mine then you can bitch your point.. 971386
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit )   Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit ) EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 7:56 am

edge22 wrote:
Have you ever heard of a pay off?? Well yea they have to step in AFTER people are killed or hurt. It does no good AFTER people are done dead or hurt.
Just do what I said go get a job in a non union mine then you can bitch your point.. 971386

I have a non union job that pays more than the same job at the union plants.

But I WILL bitch as long as unions and the democrats destroy this country.
Back to top Go down
edge22
edge22

PostSubject: Re: Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit )   Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit ) EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:30 am

Unions are very American ,after all we are the UNITED States of America. Our founding fathers stated in the preamble " In order to form a more perfect UNION......." The concept of UNION has what made us the greatest country in the world..
As a people we are loosing our power due to the lack of unions . Without unions we are just lost little sheep at the mercy of big companies.....What do you not understand about "UNITED WE STAND" ----Its your brainwashed way of thinking that is destroying the country.

Even though you have a high paying non union job, what does it feel like deep inside knowing that as an individual you are soley vulnerable to your company and have no real rights?
I can agree with you on alot of the Democrat things, I dissagree with alot of it.
Back to top Go down
edge22
edge22

PostSubject: Re: Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit )   Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit ) EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:31 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit )   Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit ) EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:48 am

Since this has morphed into a discussion about unions , i added that to the topic name so others interested can join in, just remember this is a FRIENDLY debate, please keep it that way.

On my end, my son belonged to two unions, iron workers and electrical, both lied to him over and over and would never honor their obligation to keep him working, He finally had to leave them to get a job that didn't lay him off every 2 months when a project was completed.
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit )   Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit ) EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:58 am

What liberals just can't seem to understand no matter how hard they bang their heads on the wall is that, unless you go to communism, companies exist to make a profit. If another company makes a bigger profit people will invest in their stock, not the other guys. Companies that have to deal with unions have a MUCH harder time makeing a profit. I don't have a problem with going on strike for safety reasons but NOT for more money. Since you want to bring up coal so much, I would be willing to bet that no one is forced by gun point to work for them. If someone does not think it is worth it, quit and go some where else. It is the same mentality as the bumbs in the big citys up north. QUIT BITCHING AND MOVE TO WHERE THE JOBS ARE! And you will notice they are going to the right to work states! If you will notice, most of them vote Republican. That isn't the companies voting that way IT IS THE PEOPLE. Most are fed up with the union crap where teachers can't be fired, government workers are paid more and have better benefits than the private sector. My pension is now frozen no matter how many more years I work. You sure don't see that in the public sector. But of course they are leaches living off tax money. The dems think the government can grow the economy. They are idiots. The only way out of this mess (both parties are responsible) is for the government to get out of the way and let the private sector alone to grow. Stop all this "green crap" and the EPA pressure. Electric rates are going to be so high before the next 4 years are over this country won't be the same. I know a couple of guys that are salaried TVA employees that deal with the grid. Both have bought natural gas generators for their homes. They expect prices to get out of hand if the dems stay in control.
Back to top Go down
edge22
edge22

PostSubject: Re: Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit )   Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit ) EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 2:54 pm

You should run for president sence you have so much knowledge/answers and your way of thinking is the only correct one. 971386
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit )   Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit ) Empty

Back to top Go down

Damn Everything (Just a discussion about current Bullshit )
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next