Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Best Drive Belt? And Change How Often?

Go down 
+3
ChrisC
GunRunner
Packrat
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Packrat

Packrat

Best Drive Belt? And Change How Often? Empty
PostSubject: Best Drive Belt? And Change How Often?   Best Drive Belt? And Change How Often? EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 4:56 pm

For a stock motor, 2011 RZR-S, being driven at Windrock/Royal Blue, etc., how often should I change the drive belt and what should I use? I always carry a spare but hate messing with it on the trail.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Best Drive Belt? And Change How Often?   Best Drive Belt? And Change How Often? EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:33 pm

factory belt is the best you can get, imo
Back to top Go down
Packrat

Packrat

PostSubject: Re: Best Drive Belt? And Change How Often?   Best Drive Belt? And Change How Often? EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:47 pm

Thanks. Good to know. How often to change?
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Best Drive Belt? And Change How Often?   Best Drive Belt? And Change How Often? EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 2:30 pm

Some say around 12 to 1500 miles.... 431114
Back to top Go down
roadie

roadie

PostSubject: Re: Best Drive Belt? And Change How Often?   Best Drive Belt? And Change How Often? EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 7:28 pm

My original belt snaped at 700 miles I replaced it with a factory OEM belt it has 1300 miles on it and still looks good.
Back to top Go down
gimpy

gimpy

PostSubject: Re: Best Drive Belt? And Change How Often?   Best Drive Belt? And Change How Often? EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 9:14 pm

My stock 2010 belt was always slipping, just didn't know it.  I just thought the machine was boggy.  I changed it at 1,000 miles on it, with a Dayco Extreme duty.  Pulls the wheels if you torque it in low.  No more bogg down.  Got 1200 miles on that belt, still not slipping.
Back to top Go down
jhoncho4x4

jhoncho4x4

PostSubject: Re: Best Drive Belt? And Change How Often?   Best Drive Belt? And Change How Often? EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 11:58 pm

Dealer quoted me $200 for an OEM belt. At $99, the Super ATV belt is very tempting.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Super ATV ad says they are made by Gates, but they are the stock type Aramid (kevlar) cord belt and not the Gates Carbon Fiber Cord belt. Anybody tried the Gates Carbon Fiber Cord belt in a 900XP?

RZR 900XP 21C4140 G-Force Carbon Cord- carbon fiber tensile cord

RZR 900XP 21G4140 Aramid Tensile Cord- stock type

2010-2013 RZR S 800- 24C4022 G-Force Carbon Cord- carbon fiber tensile cord

2010-2013 RZR S 800- 24G4022 Aramid Tensile Cord- stock type

2008-2013 RZR 800 - 19C3982 G-Force Carbon Cord- carbon fiber tensile cord

2008-2013 RZR 800 - 19G3982 Aramid Tensile Cord- stock type

2009 RZR S 800- 19G4022 Aramid Tensile Cord- stock type

2009 RZR S 800- 19C4022  G-Force Carbon Cord- carbon fiber tensile cord

Basically if the part # has a "G" it is a stock type belt and if it has "C" it is a carbon  fiber belt.
From what I have read you can use a 800 S belt on a 50" standard. The S belt has more surface area to help out with the larger tires. But do your own research on that.
And as far as the 2009 800 S being different than the 2010-2013 800 S, I don't know why.

According to Hunterworks, all the 800's can use the same HD belt.

"Polaris:
800 Models
I saved Polaris for last for a reason, they really love to confuse us on clutching and belts.  On the 800 models, Polaris has belts with part numbers ending in 13, 33 and now 62. The 13 and 33 are both selections for the same models while they call the 33 a HD belt then on other models they list only the 13 then on other models list only the 33. The 62 is the newest that supersedes the 33 so the 33 is no longer available. So the way I see it, you could have used any of the three of the belts mentioned on any 800 model but the 33 or the 62 would be the preferred due to HD version. What is the difference? One is dimension and the other is compound of rubber. The HD belts are slightly wider and slightly longer. The compound changes are to be less abrasive on the clutches themselves.  The Gates belt we are using would match dimensionally the HD belt and Gates has only one compound that seems to prove easy on clutches. So this is why we only show one belt for all 800 models whether Ranger, RZR and RZR 4.

XP 900 and XP 4
Polaris used a different belt on the 2011 model than 2012 and newer, the 2012 belt can be used on the 2011 but not the reverse. The 2013 uses the same as 2012 and the XP 4 uses the same belt as well so the Gates belt we are carrying is dimensionally the same as the 2012 which can be used on all models."

Carbon fiber belt info

Brochure

source
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Drive Belt? And Change How Often?   Best Drive Belt? And Change How Often? EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 10:11 am

How's the carbon fiber belts holding up for you that have them in the real world? Or is it best just to get oem?
Back to top Go down
jhoncho4x4

jhoncho4x4

PostSubject: Re: Best Drive Belt? And Change How Often?   Best Drive Belt? And Change How Often? EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 10:18 am

Still running my stock original belt. The way my clutch has been grabbing lately, I think it is about done. I will be trying a carbon fiber one this spring.
Back to top Go down
jhoncho4x4

jhoncho4x4

PostSubject: Re: Best Drive Belt? And Change How Often?   Best Drive Belt? And Change How Often? EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 2:36 pm

I picked up a Gates Carbon Fiber belt. One of the suppliers at work is a direct Gates dealer. I asked him to order me one, he sold it to me at his cost. $61.80 + $4.33 tax, he said he could not use the companies tax exempt # since I was getting it at cost.
Will be riding picket in a few weeks with it installed, will post if I notice a difference.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Best Drive Belt? And Change How Often?   Best Drive Belt? And Change How Often? EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 6:17 pm

That is a good price.....  431114 
Back to top Go down
GCFD112

GCFD112

PostSubject: Re: Best Drive Belt? And Change How Often?   Best Drive Belt? And Change How Often? EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 8:51 am

Keep us posted. Been looking into the gates belt for a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Drive Belt? And Change How Often?   Best Drive Belt? And Change How Often? Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Drive Belt? And Change How Often?
Page 1 of 1