Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

RZR Belt and Spark Plugs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Triel

Triel

RZR Belt and Spark Plugs Empty
PostSubject: RZR Belt and Spark Plugs   RZR Belt and Spark Plugs EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 11:08 pm

Went to my dealer over the weekend and got a new belt and new plugs. I wanted a heavy duty belt and they told me just to use the S belt. After looking at it I found it to be wider and the grooves are totally different. Hell, I did not even know you could use the S belt on the standard RZR, so that was anew one. Put the belt on and WOW, what a difference! Faster engagement and seems to give me better engine braking. I did not drive it much, but after Harlan, I will let you guys know if it is in fact a better buy.

Now to the plugs. The book tells you that you can change your plugs with their wrench they have in the tool kit. That is bull 833704 . I could not even get the wrench in the plug area due to it hitting the bed frame. If they made it about 3/4 the size it is then it may work. Anyway, I just used a thin wall Craftsman 5/8" socket. Dug the plugs out of the mud and dirt and to my surprise I found junk Champion's in it. Some may like Champion's, but I will not even run them in my weed eater. Over on RZRfourms they all are using an NGK plug # BKR7EIX 2667. Dealer told me to use NGK plug # BKR6E 6962. They said it is a hotter plug and will run in a greater range of fuel grades. It does seem to start and run better, but again, I will let you know after Harlan.

What plugs do you use and when have you changed them? (This relies on whether you have changed them or not)
Back to top Go down
http://www.entropyinitiative.com
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: RZR Belt and Spark Plugs   RZR Belt and Spark Plugs EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 1:02 am

NGK is the best plug made. period
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: RZR Belt and Spark Plugs   RZR Belt and Spark Plugs EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:06 am

You got the right belt. the new S belt is better than any of the so called performance aftermarket belts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RZR Belt and Spark Plugs   RZR Belt and Spark Plugs Empty

Back to top Go down

RZR Belt and Spark Plugs
Page 1 of 1